1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

SCOOP!! - The JEEP's have cometh !!

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by amogh, Feb 10, 2013.

1. spikeyhair

spikeyhair Timido

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Was just curious if any thing from the Jeep Stable will be in the 15 Lakh range? or will everything be gloriously expensive.
  2. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @spikeyhair : At least initially, it seems, that the prices would be steep, as they would be sold as CBU units.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    The localized c-suv/'new Compass' could be, at least in the 2wd formats, 17-20 lakhs: 2017.

The JEEP which will be say be 12-16 lakhs will follow it at some point, also localized and very Fiat-based, also for exports: hopefully sometime in 2018. That could be a Renegade, indian edition (without independent rear suspension etc), or a vehicle similar at least in styling to it? One would hope for this last to be twinned in india to a Fiat model or two ('New Avventura', etc).

At any rate, FCA now has the models and the brand-claim/proposition (i.e., JEEP, not Fiat) to target the Asian markets. If in the process, at least in India, the multibrand dealerships enable Fiat branded models to also piggyback on dealers' greater health and viability, great!

@spikeyhair
    Turbothinghy and gpunto75 like this.
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-videos/2016-jeep-grand-cherokee-video-review-402816.aspx

The Autocar rally-drivin' expert ma'am at automotive dumbing-down strikes again! She's comparing a tough and super-capable JEEP to naazuk, city good road only Audi-s and harsh riding BMW's, anodyne Merc-s and 1.xx crore Range Rovers for 'luxury feel' of the cabin materials, not to mention their awful reliability and cost-of-ownership. And the last resort of reviewers seeking to damn without saying a harsh word: "the dealerships are too few and the network is not widespread" angle. No real comments on what the chassis and suspension engineering know-how maybe that enables a JEEP to be a hardcore off-road-capable vehicle and yet ride and handle in quite car-lie (easy and refined etc) ways.

BUT, to be fair, only at the end, the rest of the review was quite good and rightly praiseful. Man, this model is even loaded to the gills with equpment i.e., frivolous toys and gizmos, much more than any other 'luxury'-segment suv, i'd say. The tough off-road capability/engineering, that traditional squared-off and beefy design language, and the build quality/tolerances/etc come free!

The original 2013/2014 fca india plan stated local assembly operations for the Grand Cherokee. It would appear that the focus has shifted entirely to local manufacture of the 2 export smaller Jeeps (a c- and a b-suv.) They may be better advised to locally assemble the new, lighter, restyled, more fuel-efficient and tarmac-friendly, 'refined' etc Wrangler (launching in the usa in end-2017), alongside the localized Jeeps. THAT could get the price down, and there'll be large RHD export orders straight off the bat (Australia, South Africa, Japan, UK, Thailand), and get Jeep some creamy-margins with sizeable sales-numbers in India (at say 30-40 lakhs?)
    revvingengines and Murphy_Fiat like this.
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    The price list is out for India.
    Facebook_-_2016-08-30_11.09.15.png

Thanks to tauseef.
  6. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    RIP Jeep.
    Who will buy jeep for this price. it is expected that SRT will be priced above 1 crore. atleast they can price wrangler sensibly.
  7. revvingengines

revvingengines Novizio

Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    dead on arrival to say the least. I thought all of FCA India was focusing on the Jeep launch and then we have this!
    Not really getting the logic behind these prices; seems like they're trying to make a quick buck with the initial bookings.
    anyways, Jeep launch Hot or Not, only time and the market would tell.
    kedarbendre and Murphy_Fiat like this.
  8. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Too optimistic pricing!! SRT is priced decently though. SRT is priced at almost 2.5 times of Wrangler Unlimited. So 45-50 Lacs would have been a good price for the Wrangler.
    revvingengines likes this.
  9. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    So like the 40 L Abarth, these are also dead on arrival. Great going Fiat, I mean I can be managing Fiat India instead of Kevin Flynn and I would not do much worse and I would get a hell lot of money for the efforts :)
  10. Krunal Bhatt

Krunal Bhatt Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Ahmedabad
    Punto Evo 1.3
    It seems they want to compete in Super Premium category along with Audi,Merc and BMW, and rightly so IMHO.
    AS a brand, JEEP Wrangler can't be compared with Endeavour or Fortuner.
    BUT it remains to be seen how many people will see them as Super Premium product. Initial response could be good (As an iconic brand from US and that may fetch around hundred or so bookings )
    prabhjot likes this.