1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

SCOOP!! - The JEEP's have cometh !!

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by amogh, Feb 10, 2013.

1. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    @prabhjot you are making us the expect something radical from FCA from the jeep side, which is not going to happen.

Dont do this , We (including you) get self hyped by such posts and later get disappointed by FCA.

I dont think i can come out of the disappointment from Auto Expo 2016, Horrible.

They even advertised as if there is a new gen punto coming.

I am sick of waiting bro. Every other brand are testing their 2018 cars in India whereas There is no sign from FCA India except a Renegade - which is not an All new product to get a global launch - was also not planned to launch in India. - Even if it launched I dont think it can go toe to toe with the Fortuner and Endeavor. Yeti?? Maybe, but that is already a dead segment, why go there?

Endeavor/Fortuner/trailblazer/rexton/santaFE range from at 25 - 30 L ex-Mumbai.

Renegade is tiny compared to those atleast by a good 600mm = 60cm = 2FEET, that is huge by car spacing.

This is the reason why Yeti failed, If launched , Renegade might also face the same result if priced above 16L, Call it whatever Luxury offroading brand may be .

We are Indians and we care is just Road presence with humongous body, Price , Mileage and So called brand Name (This one is not going to work - " Everything big and boxy is called Jeep in India")
    avi_loveindia and prabhjot like this.
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @adisrini1103

No man, me, I never get let down: i've been saying and been convinced since i got my Linea t-jet at launch in 2014 that the all-new stuff will not come before 2017/2018. Why? because i fully believe and what's more endorse their declared 5-year plan of 2013, which they're so far sticking to, albeit with some/many months' delay.

They pulled the plug and delayed by 2 years the JEEP brand launch because of the sudden slowdown and severe, sudden currency depreciation of the rupee. That too was a wise decision, althought the rupee is back currently at those low levels, but is more 'stable'. As for the Fiat brand (new Avventura, new Punto....) they might still come, but these are imo the only cars in the european and brazilian portfolio they can deploy here if they're going to target domestic sales more than exports. BUT those cars are following a Brazil-market cadence not puny India's, so IF we still get them, it will not be before 2018 onwards? They're undergoing final road testing in brazil etc right now: only now.

As for the Renegade mules, i think they're just mules for the c-suv powertrains. THAT suv will be big etc enough, except will be pukka engineered and not pickup truck based like the Fortuner and Endeavour. And that model too is clearly as much or more for rhd exports than domestic retail. Still, there IS a great bet with great odds to be made that after the 2017 c-suv, we will indeed get the Renegade or a somewhat smaller lookalike with less expensive chassis etc engineering/parts at delicious enough prices i.e., right bang in the Duster/Creta/XUV500/SCross price-range, also for exports. There have been a number of quotes from several named fca folks on that Emerging-Markets-special model, including by Marchionne himself at the Detroit Auto Show earlier this year.

Let us see what their brand-launch advertizing's like in quantity, breadth and quality for JEEP. That still sems a few months away?
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    http://www.motoroids.com/news/spied-jeep-renegade-spotted-testing-in-delhi-yet-again/

The images that this hack-auto-website presumes to be renegades are clearly NOT Renegades but the first indian mules for the c-suv chassis + architecture rather than just the powertrain? They are clearly a fair bit longer and maybe also a bit wider than the Renegade: stretched version of the SUSW 4x4 platform+architecture that the renegade/500X/Toro use. i.e., c-suv.

It seems from all the testing of (presumably) the 2litre mjd+ 9-speed automatic powertrains with the imported Renegades, and now these latest full-on mules of the bigger c-suv that: they're on schedule for the promised mid-2017 launch and also exports of the locally manufactured/part-ckd C-Suv.

Assembly line machines, robots and other modules have also, it's been reported (reliably?), been recently imported by FCA for Ranjangaon.

There have been 2 major marketing- and PR-head appointments very recently too.

i.e., as i said: they are more or less ON TIME with the Jeep branding/advertizing + dealers launch (around the '2016 festive season'?) and the local-manufacturing preprations for the c-suv.
  4. Krunal Bhatt

Krunal Bhatt Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Ahmedabad
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @prabhjot ,
    I wish your analysis is true, and FCA India read the Indian market correctly.
    If they are on time and they can introduce C-SUV along with other JEEPs, during 2016 festive season then that can be game changer for them.
    But I am curious, will they introduce it under FIAT logo or under JEEP logo?
  5. revvingengines

revvingengines Novizio

Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Isn't it easier for them to launch a Renegade than waiting to complete development of the Jeep 551?
    I think it's got the right ingredients to be a winner in the now-expanding C-SUV/Pseudo-SUV/Softroader (although the baby Jeep nearly lives up to it's big brothers' off-road creds!) market in India and with it's spectrum of models, it could appeal to different buyer groups.
    Amit Rox and dadasaheb like this.
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    revvingengines and Murphy_Fiat like this.
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    https://www.rushlane.com/first-look-jeep-indias-dealership-ahmedabad-12202062.html

Apparently JEEP will launch starting with a dealership in Delhi (mathura road, near the famous mercedes one, apparently?) and one in ahmedabad. Followed by the end of the year by one in 'south india' (chennai? kochi? bangalore?) and one in, sigh of relief? ;-): mumbai. So reports Autocar today.

Once the c-suv is ready, with its high local content and ultra-competitive pricing (relative to the Fortuner and Endeavour et al) for that very reason, i am presuming and hoping that, as Kevin Flynn stated in an interview in february, that they plan on upgrading some FIAT dealerships in some of the more 'major cities' to "JEEP standards" and then retail JEEP and FIAT together in most of the so-called 'tier 2' cities. Depends on financial and other commitments from potential JEEP dealership maaliks, whether 'new' or existing FIAT ones?

Kevi Flynn's a marketing guy, and that too with 'luxe' brands in germany and south africa, and has already shown an ample improvement in FCA PR and marketing from the 'bad'-old days under Nagesh. Mike Manley has also promised large and effective marketing for JEEP in India, something he and FCA are famous for and have an excellent track record at, in all their newer markets esp for the JEEP brand (he is also the head of FCA for all brands, for asia-pacific, not just the global head of JEEP, of Ram and, it would seem, the likeliest one to takeover from Marchionne as the big boss' of fca as-a-whole on M's retirement in 2019.)

https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&r...rdTiLByHDQOYDLLuA4KHgw&bvm=bv.129389765,d.c2I
    limraj, Turbothinghy and Amit Rox like this.
  8. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I also read somewhere that from next year onwards Jeep would start gettting built in India in FCA's Ranjangaon plant.
    PradeepM and prabhjot like this.
  9. Krunal Bhatt

Krunal Bhatt Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Ahmedabad
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @Turbothinghy , Yes they are planning to build "All New" C-SUV at Ranjangaon plant.
    But, I am not sure that new C-SUV will have FIAT Logo or JEEP logo. OR under both brand with different exterior.
    I think @prabhjot can confirm that.
  10. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    This is the to-be heavily localized in india, esp and also for rhd exports (mainly to japan, korea and australia+nz, as well as the for-now 'U'K):

A starting entry-level price for the 4x2 versions of (well?) below-20 lakhs is apparently going to be the case. Its 2 litre diesel is being localised, and will be shared with Tata for use on its Ranjangaon made safari-replacing suv-s (a 5 seater and a 7-seater). Also: exported? Interestingly, autocar reports that they will offer the 1.5/1.6 mjd (+ddct?) on it too, to get some versions WELL below 20 lakhs. This seems implausible to me, cost-wise, since the 2 litre will be localized. Let's see.

Other rhd exports of its platform and powertrain mates SHOULD be probable? i.e., of the Renegade, later, say in 2018, and (one wishes!): the 500X. The heavy-depreciation of the yen, the won, the aussie$ and now the british pound too imo makes RHD exports out of India imperative if FCA wants to further grow JEEP sales in these important markets with a strong 'affiliation' (due to their military etc history) to the brand and its 'american' origins/authenticity/aura.

We are greatly underestimating the export-demand for indian-/ranjangaon-made rhd JEEPs! Even ckd operations of the new, next-gen Wrangler (for india-sales too: imo it'll sell hugely if prices are non-cbu) and/or Wrangler pickup (for exports) are a must, for this export, currency-competitiveness reason. FCA now has big JEEP capacity in china too, but that is for lhd, and china has more problems as a 'controversial' import-sourcing destination than India in the rhd countries. Besides, they will likely be all-too busy just catering to China-demand, which is massive for JEEP.

@Turbothinghy
    revvingengines and Turbothinghy like this.