1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

SCOOP!! - The JEEP's have cometh !!

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by amogh, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @rusticnomad Also they will have destroyed the Jeep market by bringing this vehicles as CBU which would lead to insane prices and so would kill the brand even before it takes it's first baby steps.

The first steps are important - a few vehicles sold at even a slight loss initially makes sense as it lead to buyers which would spread the story. Once the market matures and the respect is earned increase the prices.
    rusticnomad and dadasaheb like this.
  2. rusticnomad

rusticnomad Amatore

Indore
    Indore
    Linea T-Jet
    Yes. If GC thru CBU route is competing with BMW X5, as it is speculated, obvious choice will be BMW. I am sure fist time buyer with that amount of cash will go to BMW blindfolded. Yes, those who have tonnes and tonnes of cash and spare parking space may buy GC as second vehicle just to flaunt. Honestly, I am in love with Endeavour with all the bells and whistles that it comes with.

A locally made Cherokee (not GC) competing with Endeavor and Fortuner and with Renegade for lower end would have been a better effort. Honestly FCA seems to be a lost case. Jeep isn't going to gain traction and that will impact locally made Renegade too. How much did the first uber expensive CBU route vehicle from FCA sell in India? 50?
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @rusticnomad

Well, the c-suv/new Compass WILL be pretty-fully localized. Please wait till 2017 before you decide on your suv purchase, sirji. :)

And will, by a margin of at least 8-10 lakh rupees be THE highest value-added car made in india. Mainly for exports, of course.

Why does Ford not localize the endeavour, then, or toyota the innova or fortuner, or hyundai the sante fe or say the upcoming tucson? Because, contrary to our 'cultural consumer-nationalist' delusions we are a TINY-to-miniscule market for cars of d-segment (i.e., entry-level in europe, china and the usa+australia+japan+middle east) or above.

The Germans have miniscule numbers here too, don't let their assembly-operations fool anyone. Jaguar-LandRover and Volvo too have been trying for 5 years to grow in India, and they have, but are still stuck at a small number of vehicles a year, no more. With not many dealers either. FCA, one of the smaller firms in china (since they were a mainly-import brand hitherto) have HUNDREDS of dealers in China, and will have several hundred more this year and the next! Fiat sells more Fiat Viaggios and Ottimo-s in ONE city (Changsha) than it sells in all of India each month. And neither the Fiat brand nor the Viaggio is anything other than a new, debutatnte minnow there!
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 5, 2016 ---
    http://auto.economictimes.indiatime...-of-jeeps-two-million-target-by-2018/50860214
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
  4. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @prabhjot Ford is actually selling the Endeavor at a lower price than in Australia. In fact their pricing is pretty much what they sell across the world. If the jeep's would have done the same they would have sold a lot too here.
  5. gpunto75

gpunto75 Amatore

Nasik
    Grande Punto 1.3
    nikhil0405 likes this.
  6. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @gpunto75 This is on record. I will shave my $@#%#^ if they do that.
    nikhil0405 and gpunto75 like this.
  7. gpunto75

gpunto75 Amatore

Nasik
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  8. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    http://www.zigwheels.com/reviews-advice/reviews/2016-jeep-renegade-first-drive-review/25192/

JEEP/FCA seems to've taken some Indian automotive 'journalists' out to legendary Moab, Utah, USA for a hardcore ride on the 75th anniversary-edition Renegade.

Dear cyrus berham, the journalist in question, is a relative beauty but he does work for Zigwheels, i.e., the Times Now of India group. He actually claims they're launching the Renegade, rather than the still-unrevealed c-suv, its bigger platform-mate.

Either Jeep has put/paid him upto it, to build some intrigue, even though it's totally false (since the c-suv will look nothing like the Wrangler/Willy's-Jeep-themed Renegade), or.......

Sigh.
  9. teja rs

teja rs Timido

Rajahmundry
    vijayawada
    Fiat Enthusiast
  10. rusticnomad

rusticnomad Amatore

Indore
    Indore
    Linea T-Jet
    Heck, I was thinking Abarth Avventura next year :)

If C-SUV is on 500X does it mean it is Renegade?
    Maruti Jimny versus Jeep Renegade?
    Who wins?