1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

SCOOP!! - The JEEP's have cometh !!

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by amogh, Feb 10, 2013.

1. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Same situation with TATA and the cabs even though they own JLR ;)
    1 person likes this.
  2. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    THAT according to me is the BIGGEST problem of FIAT, which unfortunately has come up because of the so called "passionate fans". With all due respect to history, culture, classic cars etc : things have to move on. Unfortunately a few relish in portraying the "TAXI" image of FIAT to the world.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Bombay
    Grande Punto 1.4
    when i was looking to renew my insuarance(i was looking out for zero depriciation plan) i happened to come accross once peculiar incident when the person at the other end told me that yes they do have a zero dep plan and when he learnt the make of my car is some FIAT punto:confused: ....he said "sorry sir we dont offer zero depreciation scheme to FIAT cars....."

the following conversation tookm place...

I said..
    "you have zero dep plan...right??"

he said..
    "yes sir"

I said...
    "but no such plan for FIAT cars......?? "

he said..
    "yes sir..you heard it right.."

I said..
    "WHATTTT?????"

he said..
    " Sir .. FIAT & Maruti falls in the Taxi/tourist car category, hence we do not offer zero dep. to these cars... as per notice..."

I said..
    " i said there are more Toyota Eitios/Mahindra Logan/ etc etc taxis plying in mumbai than our Fiats:irked ....and you call Fiats as taxis....rubbish!! "

and i realised it was not his fault he was merely parroting the scheme from his company papers lying in front of him...
    I hung the phone.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  4. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

But Still they are segments apart:)
  5. RKK

RKK Amatore

Mumbai
    Now FIAT's JEEP adv. whenever and wherever it shows, should blow everyone away.
    Thanks Amogh for sharing that with us.
  6. prasen123

prasen123 Amatore

Pune
    Wow.... Lets plan a Fiat Factory visit again .... this time just for a Test Drive of Jeep. Thanks Amogh for sharing .. Nice snaps .. Mr. James Bond ...
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Strange. Which company was that? To my knowledge, HDFC Ergo and Tata AIG give Zero dep insurance.

Coming back to Jeep, I feel Fiat must be extra cautious and should be smart in marketing the product from the beginning. Majority in India still think that Jeep is a product from Mahindra.
    2 people like this.
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    True.
    Fiat do need to make branding exercise start now. Both "Grand Cherokee" and "Wrangler" name must be highlighted more, than Jeep.
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Yes. I am so curious to see how Fiat is going to handle this challenge given their past reputation of marketing their products.
  10. addy

addy Amatore

Bangalore
    It is great to see the 'actual' Jeeps plying on our roads. Thanks for posting these amogh. Fiat now has a very uphill task in marketing the Jeeps here in India. After all, as ramjn said, most Indians do consider Jeep as a vehicle from Mahindra. I can hear people saying "You paid 25 lakhs for a Jeep??? :eek: "

:evilsmile
    2 people like this.