1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

SCOOP!! - The JEEP's have cometh !!

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by amogh, Feb 10, 2013.

1. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Well, they're the ones with the information and the risks and the financial/other budgets, not me or you. What the hell do we know?;)

btw, Ranjangaon production capacity expansion has begun. Rumours from vendors suggest Fiat is prepping them up too for new parts. Hiring has begun for the plant. (Press reports and rumours only! Who of us REALLY knows?)

Your point about why they haven't already set-up ckd facilities at the plant for Jeep, why only in 2015/16 may be valid, or it may not, since the plant, which is profitable already, has presumably been busy with the Zest production (MUCH higher than the Vista+Manza), apart from the new Fiat Linea/Evo/Avventura through this year?

But i do agree that whatever they do, they MUST ensure they are able to undercut the exorbitant German+Range Rover SUV competition by a decent margin, for all models, except the cbu Wrangler which is just such a unique vehicle with no competitor and will sell what it will sell.
    Saket Sidana and dadasaheb like this.
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Jeep has for the first time in its history sold (well over) a million cars around the world. 38% up year-on-year. Not just America: 40% up in recessionary Europe, 42% up in Asia-Pac, a similar figure in China. i.e., selling like hot cakes all over the world, every global region, every economic-development 'stage'. The last two years had already seen growth of 30% or more year-on-year.

And the really affordable and emerging market-friendly Renegade has not yet hit full production in Italy. It will be produced this year in Brazil, and then in China (and India too?!). And the same is true for the upcoming C-Suv, the Renegade bigger sibling (confirmed for India, end 2016).

Imagine Jeep brand global sales at the end of 2015, then. And in 2016.

This, one of the earliest truly global car-brands, in a way as Indian or Chinese or Egyptian as it was/is American (Jeeps were all made there and like with some Mahindra-s, still are, in a way) brand is 'kicking butt'. Regaining its rightful place right around the world, not just in America.

May it do so soon in India (one of its earliest global outposts) too! Bring it here, already.

All under Italian/Fiat ownership. Amazing testament to Marchionne's (and Manley's?) vision. And an incredible immunity-cum-booster shot for Fiat itself, globally.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 7, 2015, Original Post Date: Jan 7, 2015 ---
    Addendum:

They had said a year ago they'd achieve a million-plus sales, and were scoffed at in the American press and on the net for claiming it. They have much more than bettered their target.

Interestingly, i discovered this, from their global investor's presentation/5-year plan of a few months ago: for 2018 they are targetting as many as 700,000 sales in Asia-Pac, the biggest chunk being China of course. They say clearly that India WILL be a major manufacturing and export base for Jeeps, in order to achieve that target.

Point is: they have MORE than met every target for the Jeep brand, globally, each of the last 3 years, including this year's extremely ambitious one.

This makes one VERY optimistic about their India plans, even if mainly for India-as-export-base. In the process if we get a locally manufactured Jeep Renegade and/or a Jeep C-suv at prices ranging from say 14-15 lakhs to say 23-24 lakhs: good sales numbers waiting to happen. (XUV500+Duster/Terrano sell 6000+-....and the Fortuner sells 1100+- every month, consistently)

At margins that are many, many times better than on Linea-s, Punto Evo-s and Avventura-s? 1 Jeep will mean at least 4X the profits of one Linea? 1 Jeep= at least 4 Linea-s? Sell 200 Jeeps a month, a low figure, and you have the equal, at least, of 800 Linea-s.

Easier selling 200 Jeeps in this marketplace than selling 800 Linea-s, SURELY. And then there are the export possibilities, which were always minimal for the India-built Linea and Punto.

ergo, bring all the Jeep models here ASAP. :cool::p In fact: cannot bring them here soon enough.
    sathishgv, nbvcrao, dadasaheb and 2 others like this.
  3. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @prabhjot We will talk when the fat lady sings - I mean when I see the Jeeps in flesh and in their website (India) and maybe even an ad (yeah yeah I know that is too much - cmon man even an ad with an American dude will do :))
    MakeTheMove and prabhjot like this.
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Raj_pol

Safe to say already though that one thing will happen for sure: Jeep will be sought to be tarred by many with the same brush used against Fiat in India!:D:rolleyes:
  5. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @prabhjot Please stop being a fan boy. :) No one is tarring anyone. We try to put objectively what is the truth and my sentence had no tarring whatsoever. Abarth was supposed to have been released in Dec. Now it is Jan and we have no signs so maybe by the time Jeep comes I would already be dead.
    zenwalker, prabhjot and dadasaheb like this.
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Raj_pol

Well I have consistently given reasons and evidence and OBJECTIVE and analytic refutations for my positions. Better ones too, whether it was the question of engines, equipment levels, pricing, product specifications, quantity of marketing, or Fiat's brand-identity. Or so I believe. If that is fanboism, I am still waiting for a better answer than "see see how poorly they sell".

There IS indeed SOME tarring going on, as we keep discovering every time sales figures come out.

Feels strange to hear hosannas for Hyundai-s, you know?, on what is a Fiat knowing-not-naive-enthusiast forum, the only one of its kind in the Indian automotive world.:(:eek:
  7. Drive4freedom

Drive4freedom Novizio

Bangalore
    Simply amazing ad!!Jeep when will you keep your promise to launch in india
  8. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    From the horse's mouth,recently: Manley, global including USA ceo of the Jeep brand, and head of Fiat APAC too.

That FCA will stick to their big plans for India, starting the end of this year, though China and of course Italy and Brazil will move/are already moving first as global production bases (non-USA) for Jeep.

btw, a reminder that Jeep and even Dodge are old old India players, once upon a time (late colonial/early post-independence), older than Fiat i guess? Jeep goes back a LONG way in post-revolutionary China too, as also in LatAm.

http://www.freep.com/story/money/ca...t-chrysler-brazil-italy-china-italy/24234759/
    jackharrisw likes this.
  9. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
  10. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    In Ramki fiat chennai,(source:fmc)
    uploadfromtaptalk1428806036973.jpg
    prabhjot and Raj_pol like this.