1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

SCOOP!! - The JEEP's have cometh !!

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by amogh, Feb 10, 2013.

1. aruncep

aruncep Amatore

Saw the Wrangler and Grand Cherokee today at Ramkay. Wow man just couldnt take eyes of it. I will call Wrangler a monster (its much much bigger than Thar) and Grand Cherokee a beast.

Anyone have any idea how much both will cost?
  2. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Ya Wrangler looks like a big monster & Grand Cherokee like a big beast.
    Wrangler may cost 25-40 lacs & Grand Cherokee may be 60-70 lacs.These are just estimated prices,real prices when launched will be even competitive.
    2 people like this.
  3. bharath

bharath Regolare

I mean ,will the common public notice that size ? Only the TFIans and hardcore fellows :p who are still limited compared to the large public.It looks to me like some serious mods on a Thar though its ability is humongous! To sell some decent numbers ,they need to price strictly in my opinion.
  4. ajuvignesh

ajuvignesh Amatore

Chennai, Kanyakumari, Trivandrum.
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I clicked pics too :cool:

The person over there said that it was a Mid variant wrangler and would cost 18-20 Lacs!!!
    Last edited: May 9, 2014
    8 people like this.
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
    Tony likes this.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Few points, from report -
    They have already moved launch date so much, and killed the excitement. These statements doesn’t have any values. Let’s wait and watch.
  7. kaps

kaps Superiore

"Jeep to enter Indian market in 2015". Right. It will start entering in Jan and will complete entering by Dec 2015 and maybe launched between Jan-Dec 2016. :uh Fiat timelines are like that only.

Be as it may. IMHO, the next boom in Indian automobile industry might be seen in 2016.
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  8. Drive4freedom

Drive4freedom Novizio

9. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Punto Evo 1.3
    Pricing will be key. Fiat needs to move in numbers and first get the brand noticed in India. IMHO if they price it atrociously they will kill the product during launch itself.
    The Cherokee starts at $ 26,000 USA. Double the price - $ 52,000. That means roughly 32 - 35 lakhs. No more than that or else things might not work. That is how I feel but I may be stupid :p

If they can actually go the CKD route and price it say for 25L. I know I am dreaming but man wow :D.

The Jeep I do not like. I doubt it will sell in numbers. My personal preference only.
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    They can sell decent numbers of the Grand Cherokee (they've already committed to CKD for it), even the wrangler (cbu, esp in markets like Punjab/Haryana). But the Cherokee in the image posted earlier: no mention of it for India in their recent global five-year plan presentation to investors. Which is strange since if it is priced anywhere less than 40/45 lakhs will make it very competitive against the equivalent Germans (which don't have its off-road ability or macho credibility), and Land Rover.

The real India Jeeps are the Renegade and/or the bigger variant of it (C-Suv) with the same platform and engines etc which they've promised to localize to a good degree. And the brilliant Fiat 500X which is also on the same platform, with the same engines/transmissions etc. Not to forget the cheaper Fiat 500L that also shares most underpinnings with these.

Which of these can FiatChrysler hope to sell well here, and at what prices? Exports possible too?

Mefeels FiatChrysler should bet on these cars (D-segment) rather than waste themselves trying to compete with the East Asians in the Linea (C2) segment (all-new Linea promised for end 2016 or so). D-segment sedan sales are down BUT Cuv/Suv sales are huge enough (XUV, Duster/Terrano topend, Fortuner, Rexton, even Innova, Santa Fe) and bound to grow further. They'll always have the Avventura and the new B-Suv (early 2016) to compete in the Linea price range.

So: Fiat should consider heavily localized production of 3 or even ALL 4 of the above Cuv-s/Suv-s for sales here, and for exports to right-hand drive markets. I figure (just out of thin air of course!) that they can easily price them in the broad range from 11/12to 18/19 odd lakhs ex-showroom. At least two of them by 2016, and the remaining one(s) a year later? Same platform, engines, suspensions etc make the costing/pricing easy through better scale economies.

Fiat will thereby also give us current PuntoLinea owners a chance to upgrade within the brand: enough guaranteed sales right there, no? ;-) And give themselves a proper chance of standing out against the dominance of the three east asian firms that are sewing up the mass market amongst themselves.