1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

SCOOP!! - The JEEP's have cometh !!

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by amogh, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    For aam admi jantha Mahindra Thar ;)
    2 people like this.
  2. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Yes the petrols will hardly move of the shelf here considering suv's have more demand for diesel.The V6 diesel will be more fast & fun as well as efficient for off roading.However biased they may be,Autocar& Overdrive also have reviewed Wrangler earlier than Motorbeam,but they have reviewed it in their oct edition magazines.I saw it on their fb page many days back.Autocar has reviewed Jeep Wrangler 4 door version & 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee too.Pricing will be key for this suv to garner some respectable number of sales sales but Fiat is not bringing these suv's to garner some respectable number of sales but to create a brand image for Fiat & Jeep brand in India.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
    3 people like this.
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

Is it me or just my lack of industry knowledge.
    I find that at given prices Jeep will hardly move out of showroom

1. Mahindra has made "Jeep" image as a vehicle of 3-7L used on villages. or intercity passenger carrying vehicles.
    2. Buyers with over 35L pocket are more interested in bling factor of SUV adding to there reputation than being a true offroader fan. Cheeroke may offer some face value to 60L+ buyers category, but for wrangler it would be more of passion shopping.
    3. Offroader fans in India are used to building up old Jeeps and using it for there fun, and they generally have this machines in 3-5L range after restoration. And its pocket happy even after a rough off road experience.

I think if Jeep could comeup with something lin 4-6L bracket it would be a sure shot winner. There is big market open in that range and we have even seen how cars like ecosport doing good sales chart even though its no where near to true SUV characters.
    3 people like this.
  4. Venkat Y

Venkat Y Novizio

5. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

When these are coming? After Mahindra sells 1L + XUVs?
  7. shams

shams Esperto

how does it even matter how many XUVs mahindra sells when the expected price is going to be upwards of 30L for wrangler.
  8. jumu

jumu Superiore

AutoCar cover says Jeep Is Back. With this kind of pricing, I sincerely hope, "The Jeeps Dont Go Back" to where they came from. with this kind of pricing for the Wrangler. I fear that it may sell like the the FIAT 500 or the VW Beetle. On the outside of the Wrangler there is hardly much to differentiate with the M&M. Mahindra may also do some upping of the externals to their vehicles and further negate the externals that the Jeep may have. It is only on the inside that this Jeep has a story to tell, but that would entail the buyer to sink 3 million rupees to experience that. Bleak outlook I would say.
  9. shannu

Thats Gr8 to Hear. But want to know the exact date when it is going to be Launched.:redcar
  10. ^^Even many in FIAT may not be knowing it.