1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Scoop: Spotted FIAT Grande Punto Trendz

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by sharma_sanjeevin, Dec 29, 2010.

1. ratanshivi

ratanshivi Regolare

Mald (East)
    Hey the attachment did not come through earlier as I was trying to upload the pic from my Mobile!!

God (Sandeep) alone knows why LOL???

Here the Car is registered!!!

View attachment 28122010305.jpg
  2. sharma_sanjeevin

sharma_sanjeevin Regolare

Mumbai
    Ratan, This is the same car which i clicked..!! check the registration number in my pics.

I think this car is a Demo piece, which is doing rounds to the dealerships for garnering the customer response before launching, i suppose.
  3. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Why are they going round launching more and more boring variants? Bring the zing back in the Fiat brand. Get the Punto T-Jet and for GOD's sake market it properly from day one!

Nobody will care for a Punto CNG / LPG. If I can get equal mileage from a Ritz petrol / i10 petrol why should I bother taking the CNG / LPG headache of a Punto?!
  4. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    +1 to that.
    potential fiat buyers are those who look forward to perfomance and reliability. indian market is filled with cars having remaining qualities so fiat cannot find even a tiniest gap .
  5. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    It's time Tata stopped approaching Fiat and their products like they do for their own. What they need to do is position these two brands separately. Make it like Skoda (Tata) and VW (Fiat) in Europe.

Position the Fiat brand as a slightly premium brand over Tata. Of course, premium does not equal price. It has to really be premium in the true sense. In design (Fiat already is there), interior fit and finish (BIG problem! lot of work to be done here!), performance (if you have to have same engines, at least give Fiat's in a better state of tune), ride & handling, steering (Already conquered by Fiat) & of course, premium sales and service expereince. And lastly, premium brands don't have a new variant being launched every month. Tata can have 45 variants of the Indica but keep Fiat out of this 'new variant every month' funda.

While we talk of engines, why are Tata & Fiat sharing the same engines? Like VW & Audi, Fiat can have it's base varaints with the engines of the top end Tata variant. For example:

Indica top end can have 75bhp MJD.
    Punto active can have this engine. Dynamic onwards, give the Punto 90bhp.

Ditto for Manza and Linea. As an icing, Linea should have T-Jet and 1.6MJD as options on top end varaints at least.

This will distinguish these two brands properly.

Tata's can be the family guy's car, Fiat's can be the family guy that loves to drive car.
  6. ratanshivi

ratanshivi Regolare

Mald (East)
    @Sanjeev:- LOL - I didnt quite notice all this cause I was in a great Dash to get to work and was uploading the pic from My Mobile..
  7. sharma_sanjeevin

Mumbai
    Talking of the Engines being shared with TATA. Here is another Shocker of a News, that is doing rounds on the Internet, that the SX-4 is going to be launched with the 90HP DDiS Diesel engine.

This would be the Final blow to FIAT i think. Currently as per Maruti Standards, the SX-4 is struggling to sell with the Petrol Engine but still it is selling 20XX units. And with a FIAT Diesel it will be a killer with the Assurance of Maruti A.S.S & Brand perception. Dont know why FIAT is shooting their own leg by giving the 90HP Engine to Maruti.

FIAT needs to start marketing its Cars properly. High time to be awake.

@Ratan, you are a busy Man ::V
  8. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Saw the same car today at TASC

[attachment=4:eek:751jttg]2011-03-05-BB-005.jpg[/attachment:eek:751jttg]
    [attachment=3:eek:751jttg]2011-03-05-BB-006.jpg[/attachment:eek:751jttg]
    [attachment=2:eek:751jttg]2011-03-05-BB-007.jpg[/attachment:eek:751jttg]
    [attachment=1:eek:751jttg]2011-03-05-BB-008.jpg[/attachment:eek:751jttg]
    [attachment=0:eek:751jttg]2011-03-05-BB-009.jpg[/attachment:eek:751jttg]

2011-03-05-BB-005.jpg

2011-03-05-BB-006.jpg

2011-03-05-BB-007.jpg

2011-03-05-BB-008.jpg

2011-03-05-BB-009.jpg
  9. sharma_sanjeevin

Mumbai
    VP, did you enquire about the car ? i mean did you ask the dealership guys, why this car is doing rounds to all the dealerships.

Any information about the Fuel Type ? Lauch Date ?
  10. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Well, I asked the works manager. He said its the car which was shown in Delhi Auto-Expo. I asked whats the difference with existing models. He said not much, only the cosmetic. I guess if it was CNG, he would have mentioned it. I did not ask further as to whose car is it & why is it doing rounds (I did not remember about this thread)