1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Scoop snaps of 2012 facelifted Punto

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by speedJet, Dec 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I think this refresh was just blown out of proportion and it's nothing but adding a couple of features and rationalising the variants. Nothing radical is to be expected from Fiat and the old story would continue unless they get a grip on the quality.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    This is precisely my thought as well. Expectations for this refresh has been high and thus resulting in disappointments. Right from the beginning, I have been telling that there won't be any changes to Punto except for the GC.

What Fiat needs to do is brand building and produce niggle free cars. I hope Fiat will take the right path from this new year.
  3. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Looks like Fiat is still happy with the monthly sales figures with no major changes visible to a normal car buyer. These changes can be noted only by someone who already owns a Punto.
    2 people like this.
  4. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Now the cycle is complete. Cycle starts with Fiat announcing something, moves on with horse's mouth, not so confident, very confident, half baked rumours without any confirmation from the manufacturer and ends with deflation of expectations that were not built by manufacturer. I have seen this cycle repeating so many times that it now seems completely phunny to me. Cheers. Lets wait for the 2013 cycle to begin.
    1 person likes this.
  5. Some snaps of the new Punto Emotion with my 90. No major changes on the car except the GC. The Seat Fabric is like Yuk. Plastics look the same and the engine is 75 bhp motor doing the honors. The new one has the similar soft clutch and from the short in-compound drive, it looked slightly responsive. Engine is silent as compared to the outgoing 75

IMG_0299.jpg
    The inch on the top of the stick is the difference between 90 and the BNW new 2012 Punto
    IMG_0300.jpg
    IMG_0302.jpg
    IMG_0303.jpg
    IMG_0307.jpg
    IMG_0308.jpg
    IMG_0314.jpg
    IMG_0315.jpg
    IMG_0317.jpg
    9 people like this.
  6. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Thanks for the snaps cyberdoc!!!

Few questions:
    1. Is there any change in the profile of the tyre?
    2. Are there any changes in the dashboard?
    3. Did you get a chance to take a look at the upgraded Linea?
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  7. Please read my comments inline ..

8. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Thanks for the pictures cyberdoctorind, Looks like Linea is the one which is receiving loads of features.

Look at the Glove box picture quoted above and the panel gap is still existent. So Fiat truly lives up to my signature!
  9. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.