1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Schools: Thread

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Surya, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    National Public Schools are very famous in Bangalore.
  2. testdrive

testdrive Amatore

Chennai
    Thank you Crazy Fiatian and Ravi for your feedback. i am looking for

1) St.John's Public School (SJPS) - Not finalized
    2) KV - only starts from 1st std. i hope one branch is in TBM/Pallavarm. but its quit far from my place.
    National Public School - I have seen School bus in my area and also my wife asked me to enquirer about this, i will check and if anyone knows about please update.

My daughter is now 2.6. so i am planning for get admission if not good schools found, planning to relocate from Pallikarani to in and around Anna nagar. provide your feedback and suggest some more good options to select.
  3. testdrive

testdrive Amatore

Chennai
    I have checked over phone.
    1) SJPS: Response is very poor called two times and got reply as "No admissions entertained now and will start in November". and they end the call without hearing my next question and it happened in both calls both are different number. For them it may be 101 call, but we are expecting proper response from them since its a first step for my kid. Very bad experience.
    2) National Public School: Response is average and got answer for following questions
    - They will start admission process from this year November and this is for June 2015 opening.
    - Pre KG: kid should completed 3 years
    - Fee structure not yet confirmed.
    - Location is near (next to) Global Hospital.
  4. Crazy Fiatian

Crazy Fiatian Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks testdrive for checking and updating here..
  5. testdrive

testdrive Amatore

Chennai
    Today i visited NPS International Chennai. Earlier i got response like they will provide admission form from November 2014. and Yesterday i got information as they are accepting registration for 2015 -2016. Confirmed this with NSP and visited directly. i have downloaded Montessori application from from NPSinternationalchennaiDotCom. fee is 300 (They are accepting Cash). They requested Photo and i need to provide one to them. Fee will be 80K and single payment for every year. (doesn't include uniform and books). for Montessori no uniform for three years. if i want to proceed with KGs i need to wait for one more year (means form age of 4 -6 LKG and UKG). i opted for Montessori . Nice and calm school and i like the environment very much. Yet to check on SJPS.

Address
    NPS International, Chennai
    439, Cheran Nagar,
    Embassy Residency Campus
    Adjacent to Global Hospital,
    Sholinganallur Medavakkam Link Road
    Perumbakkam, Chennai – 600100
    1 person likes this.
  6. Noticed this thread bit late. anyway adding info that i have.
    Our kids are in Srujana Montissori near Pallikaranai (Periya Kovilambakkam to be precise; Need to take a road which comes on left "after" the Ford "service centre" in radial road; visible from the radial road itself- its close by). School has a website, a google search will help. started quite some years ago, and was in Velachery and later shifted to a rented one at Pallikaranai, and now in its own infrastructure since 2+years. Starts from pre-kg onwards, and now it has till equivalent of 5th standard with future classes being planned to come up year on year.
    It is a small scale school. Overall I have a good opinion about the school structure and management. Fee is ~10k per each of the 4 quarters. Uniform extra. Transportation extra (we have discontinued it from last year; was around 2k or so which is bit high, but probably due to less no. of pupil using it) , and very few- 2 or 3 extra/festival activities fee comes during a year.
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  7. testdrive

testdrive Amatore

Chennai
    I have concluded with SJPS and admission for LKG is confirmed. Now my daughter is going to "Little Millennium-Pallikaranai". Today is the first day and There I spotted 2 Puntos once is inside school premises (Medium Gray) and another one is minimal Gray Seems Their kid also starting today. Is that both Puntos member of TFI? I am existed see my kids reaction as well fiats around me in same occasion.
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    @testdrive - Congrats to you and your Daughter. :)

Just thinking what would the kids of Fiat owners will talk when they meet. :D
    testdrive and pv_krish like this.
  9. testdrive

testdrive Amatore

Chennai
    Thank you Ramjn.
  10. Crazy Fiatian

Crazy Fiatian Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Last week we got Pre KG admission for our kid in AKG Public School, Jalladianpet (Medavakkam), he might start to his school from April'15 (tentative), another big step in our life.

Coming to AKG Public school, below are my observations :
    --> AKG (A.K. Gopalan) Public school is Asan Memorial Association, which already got few CBSE schools and various educational institutions, overall they have got 50 years of educational experience
    --> AKG Public School started just few months back
    --> Got a chance to meet couple of teachers, they seem to be friendly and know how to handle the little ones pretty well
    --> Heard that, they have renovated Catering college and converted it as AKG Public school, saw the campus it was really good (for Schools I prefer green campus rather that corporate atmosphere)
    --> As of now they are taking admissions till 5th standard, in upcoming years they will be bringing upto 12th standard
    --> AKG got play areas of little ones and also they got play ground as well which is very rare in schools nowadays

Whoever goes to see AKG Public school in person, surely they will put their kid in that school, this happens with me, my friend and couple of my neighbors, keeping fingers crossed and hoping the best of our kid.