1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Schools: Thread

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Surya, Dec 7, 2012.

1. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Salary is pretty bad is most private schools, but there are quite a few private schools that pay decent salary to experienced teachers.
    These days, schools also are next gen or new gen!
  2. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sandy, this is not the case only in Bangalore. I seen it in Chennai, Mumbai too. The people think that the exposure to a good school (by name, really they are not doing good). If a student can taken care of him/herself, why these schools are running? They are not creating intelligent people. They are just polishing the intelligent students. For that I don't need to pay lacs (In Chennai one father offered a 17 lac lab for a school and in another case a father offered 10 lac basketball arena). Once the kid whose parent offered this donation, will the kid respect any others? Or on the other hand, the respect/attention the kid gets from the management that other kids don't get will spoil the original spirit of education. My father also didn't spend much time on me on my education. When he crosses my school, he comes inside and talk to the staffs with/without my knowledge. Hopefully that is enough to do to take care of my education. At the end of schooling I understood the things and I never let his pride to fall.

Today the kids are too clever and some too annoying. One kid (of 5 years) prays that her father should die because he is not giving her whatever she asks for (she annoyed her father to take to KFC and he didn't listen her) and tells it to fellow students in the school. I given a tight slap to my niece when she threatened my bro-in-law with this (that she will pray for her dad's death - her fellow student thought this to her) whereas my sister and bro-in-law scolded her and from that she understood that it is wrong. How much care the staffs giving to the students nowadays? In my school days, the staff members knows all about the all students (their weakness, strengths, etc) even though they had huge number of pupil (50-60 students) present in school but just giving attention to 20 kinder Garten school kids a staff is not able to give attention. This is what the education gives the kids now.

But still my sister is paying lacs to the school as fees because she wants to put her in an so called International School. By this I mean to say the quality really is not that good even if the school is in top list but still parents look for the ranking of school, not real quality of education.

May be I too will be forced tomorrow by my wifey to put my kid in such school but I hope to put a better control mechanism on the kid's education.
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    These so called good schools teach the children whatever is prescribed in the syllabus. Those schools that teach a child how to live a life are few and far between.

Rajan
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I took admission for my son today at Zee school. The fee had jumped from 25K of UKG to 70K for 1st std. How much is fee for standard one in Banglore and chennai.
    My students pay 70K per semester for their BE/MSc and for 1st standard it is half of it:confused:
  5. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sungoa, Now in Bangalore it is running in lacs. I completed the whole education with the KinderGarten fees of today.
    1 person likes this.
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    All my schooling has been done less than one month fee of my kid. Looks funny.
    In rural kerala teachers pay for the school bus fare for the kids so that there will be some kids and their job will be safe.:D
    3 people like this.
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    The admission fee starts from 50K in in Bangalore. Tution fee can be anywhere above 30K. There are schools that collect 1 L plus including uniform, books etc. Apart from this there will be some charges for arts festival etc...
    2 people like this.
  8. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    WTF is happening here ! :eek: . Even for my full Btech course, i paid only 1/3rd the fee of your son's sem fee !! I would ve probably did my whole schooling with one year fee like this... And this didnt happen some half a century back, but just in the previous decade. Heck, what to expect in the nxt decade? NRIs from here normally let their kids do their schooling in those countries n will come back by the time they reach college education, coz they think its way cheaper here, well, that myth is busted for ever!!
    @sungoa, as a teacher yourself, do you see such vast difference in the method or style of education in these premium international schools compared to other good non-international schools ??
  9. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    My son's school charges about 40K per year including transportation, food and other stuff. We don't have to pay a single penny there after which includes swimming etc. This is a reputed school in my area and getting admission doesn't need toy to prepare for interview. The maximum the school charges now is 50k for senior secondary called +2 here.

The previous school were my kid was into charged a little more than 10k for the entire year. Looks like Bangalore is a bit expensive.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    The schools may create good event managers not innovators. They give good communications skills but they will not guarantee that you will have stuff to communicate.

Look at the list below and see where India stands. I hope our government take this issue in a serious manner. We have a scarcity of innovators. The culprit is our education systems. Apart from that the best of what we produce, with tax payers money, are serving foreign countries.