1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Scary Experience in my Tjet

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by eyeguy, Jan 3, 2013.

1. eyeguy

eyeguy

Mumbai
    Driving on W.E. Highway in Mumbai at 100. I pass in front of a truck to go left (signalling first of course). Suddenly my car sputters and stalls ... right in front of the speeding truck. I shift to neutral and cruise to the side. I can hear the trucks tyres squealing behind me but its only when I get down and people gather around do I realize what a close call it was.
    So why am I writing about this on the service sub forum?
    Because the car had just got back a day ago from a routine service.
    What happened was...
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Oh god gracious, you are alright. Very sorry that it happened to you. Hope you are alright and plz do write up detailly.
  3. Rajen

Rajen Regolare

Bangalore
    Frightening to hear this. Thank God you are safe. Please let us know once you know the issue and solutions.
  4. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    Well don't leave us hanging here! What went wrong and which service center was it?

The WEH in my opinion should be downgraded to "dirt track with a film of tar on top". I have seen better roads in Ladakh! Other than the bumps and pot holes I have frequently come across overturned trucks near the foot of the flyovers and cars rammed into the barriers at the foot of the flyovers. Yes it's mostly over speeding and bad driving, but the flyovers are very poorly designed and the whole stretch is ill maintained. I would not exceed 80-90 on this road.
  5. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

so what happened?????........
  6. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    T-jet stalled :eek:. What the hell did they do with your car ? Thank God you are safe. It was really a close call.
  7. simbio

simbio Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Ahmedabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thank God, you are safe..... engine stalling while overtaking sounds frightening.....
  8. unimaginable !!!
  9. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Car getting stalled while driving! That too when at good speed :shocked Please break the silence.

Thank God that nothing fatal happened
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  10. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Why this half story? Also the title is very frightening. Kindly make full posts so that there are no speculations and uproars.
    9 people like this.