1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Scarlet Red comes home!

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by platinumshine, Aug 2, 2012.

1. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

First free service experience @Millenium drive Pune

I was repeatedly trying to call Millenium drive (FIAT exclusive service station) Pune since 2nd week of Jan to book an appointment for my Punto's first free service. But all the calls made to the landline numbers mentioned on Fiat India website to Millenium drive went unanswered. Luckily, I had Mr. Obulesh's cell#. He is the supervisor there (the one who makes job card). He checked the register and gave me an appointment for 17th Jan 10:30 AM.

17th Jan: I reached there by 10:35 AM. As I entered, I saw there were only a couple of Lineas and 2-3 Mercs parked. Once I got into the reception area I was shocked to see nobody there. The front desk, reception, pantry, customer lounge & cashier counter all were vacant/empty/devoid of any personnel. There was just one Linea owner who had arrived just before me.
    I walked further inside and reached the service bays. There I saw a couple of Puntoes in their bays with one technician/mechanic( who wears blue boiler suit). I immediately called up Mr. Obulesh who was present somewhere in the service zone and requested me to wait in the reception. Some 15min later he came to the reception area with an existing customer. It took him another 20 min to finish the formalities with that guy. By this time it was already 11:25+. My appt. was at 10:30. I glanced around and it seemed like the workshop was observing a holiday. Utter silence.

Testdrive: Finally at 11:30 Mr. Obulesh came over for my car's service. I wanted him to take a test drive to show some concern areas. He called up a guy from inside with whom I went for test drive. That fellow told me he recently has become a supervisor and earlier was a mechanic. During the TD, I told him my concern area which is the highly bumpy ride of my Punto. According to him it was natural of Punto to ride like this which somehow I was confused about. We came back to the service centre and he asked Mr. Obulesh to take it further.
    Job card making: Obulesh made a job card, inspected the car, never asked me I had any issues to be addressed, noted the KM reading and told me the car would be ready by 2:30PM. It was me who asked,"What all do you cover in first service"? "Suspension checkup, bolts tightening, fluids topup", he replied. But then in Fiat's service booklet its mentioned to do wheel alignment. He told me that it is only required to do if the alignment has gone out of tolerance values. I said ok.
    I could sense there was all letharge in his attitude.
    Actual servicing:
    After making the job card I went in sat in the customer lounge. From there one can view the the bay areas where the cars are treated. But for next half an hour my car never made it to that place. TV in the lounge was not working (no TATA Sky signal) I went out and decided to be with the car all the time. As it is its only more of an inspection work and no mechanical parts changing in 1st service.
    The guy with whom I took TD of my car, was the one actually did all the servicing work.
    1. Checked the fluid levels.
    2. Made the car climb up the ramp and inspected underbody. There it was found that the front RHS axle boot( wheel side) had a leak and there was grease all over the wheel and other components in vicinity. There was no damage done to the axle boot still it had a leak. He told me it will be covered under warranty but we dont have this spare part. We have to order it and it will take 10 days. It is better you get it done at Pandit Auto if they have it. Anyhow it is ok to drive the car for another 500km as it is still has much grease left inside the boot.
    3. The left front window beading is faulty from day one. Again same stuff. no spare. 10 days. Better do it at Pandit.
    4. the front bumper is a little misaligned. he took the car to body shop. There one guy came and tried to do something with it but in vain. By this time i had already given up on my first service.
    5. Never checked the wheel alignment. I don’t they even have the equipment to do so.
    This guy told me that, there is some problem with Fiat and Millenium management. The workers have not been paid salary for last month and they are on strike. I was getting irritated. Why the heck you gave me an appointment then? But since the recently promoted supervisor was doing a satisfactory job of inspection of my car,I thought of continuing.
    He noted all the required parts, we went to spare division and got the part numbers for those.

Washing: The car washing area @ millenium is one joke. Right at the entrance gate they do washing. There is no ramp, no underbody wash. Obulesh even said to me, we do washing like this only. The washing guy just sprayed some water on the car, no shampoo, nothing.
    Billing: Since there was no cashier, Obulesh did the billing work. He didn't even mention fluids topped up, faulty parts inspection/requisition on the bill. Just 1st free serive done! I got the gate pass.
    Gate pass: I saw the car was not cleaned from inside. Called Obulesh ( who had not even had his meal yet: 3PM). He called the body shop guy who took my car in again, vacuumed it partially.
    I left: At 3:30 I left the service centre deciding that I never come back to India's first ever FIAT exclusive service station. Not worth at all. I remembered all my fruitful visits to Maruti service stations in the past.
    1. The workshop is neat, clean, spacious,well lit.
    2. Supervisor's attitude was lethargic, not ready to understand any problem( just say that's how FIAT cars are).
    3. No personnel present in any dept.
    4. Disappointing experience.

Well my day didnt end. I went all the way to Swargate,Pandit Auto. I met Chaitanya there the supervisor. It was 5:30 already, he immediately called up a mechanic. Checked the leaking axle boot and found the leakage. They also didnt have the spare part and he ordered a couple of parts. 1. Front RHS drive shaft(ABS). 2. RHS axle boot. Accordng to him whicheve comess up earlier in 10 days will be fitted onto to your car in warranty. His attitude was very professional and eager to explain to me each and everything. he himself was present with the mechanic while inspecting the faulty part. I got a cal next day from him saying the part will be available soon and will let me know in 2-3 days for appointment. Atleast at Pandit I felt that I am a customer being cared.
    PradeepM likes this.
  2. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

My Scarlet crossed the 10000 km on ODO last month and what place to do that, the NH4, that too the stretch which I find simply awesome between Nipani & Hubli in Karnataka!

I had a long trip with family from Pune to Sirsi & return.
    Had an amazing time driving my Punto on NH4 ! It was our first long trip since we got Punto home back in July 2012. Total distance covered 1200km. Pune to Hubli is as we all know NH4. The NH4 on Karnataka side is just WOW! Hubli to Sirsi is I think a state highway two lane road. 100 Km surrounded by lush green trees, lakes at times, fresh air( no need of AC) , winding roads where Punto is at home, rare traffic. Driving at max 80/90 in fifth and taking turns at ease on the beautifully laid road brought satisfaction. I can say I felt like on track which had tight left handers, long right handers, chicanes, etc typical Konkan road.
    Kudos to Karnataka Road Dev Corp; for MAINTAINING roads in such top condition! Photos here after. It feels like the Exotica Red is not looking that exotic perhaps due to mobile camera and car being dirty in rains.
    2013-06-07 13.56.29.jpg 2013-06-09 12.06.17.jpg 2013-06-09 10.54.52.jpg 2013-06-09 10.08.32.jpg 2013-06-09 09.20.03.jpg 2013-06-09 08.50.57.jpg 2013-06-08 14.58.16.jpg 2013-06-07 17.32.39.jpg 2013-06-07 14.22.06.jpg 2013-06-07 13.52.46.jpg 2013-06-09 12.06.39.jpg

Fuel efficiency for the trip was 19.7 KM/l. All in all I am a satisfied driver at the end of the trip.
    Tornado, Ravi, Murphy_Fiat and 4 others like this.
  3. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

@Platinum Nice pics..Pune-Hubli NH4 is an awesome road to drive our Fiat's..i drove on this road many times..Hubli is my hometown..But i stay in Gadag,neighbouring city to Hubli..I was born in Hubli but my 1st year when i was baby i lived in Sirsi for 1 year with my parents..do you have relations in Sirsi??Exotica Red Punto also looks Exotic to me when it gets dirty in Rains..
  4. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

Thanks Nadeem. You must be having fun driving on such beautiful roads! :)
    Sirsi is my in-laws' place. Always keep looking for an opportunity to drive to Sirsi from Pune ;)
  5. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Yes Platinum..i have fun driving on such beautiful roads as you also have..:)i too keep looking for an opportunity to drive on Pune-Hubli NH4..
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Exactly on NH-4 when you enter karnataka border the roads are awesome and the first pic is famous to remeber the NH4.Thanks for the moment.one can do 160+ easily and i have attended it.

But dont know why speed breakers on national highways especially in KA.
    Recently done with NH13 from bijapur to Hospet and it was night journey, speed breakers was again scary here too... :(

P.S :- Red Hot Chilli (Your Punto) with Citra ;)
    1 person likes this.
  7. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

Yes Ganges, they were laying new speed breakers on NH4 after Belgaum. Never expected that; was definitely scary. What is the thought process behind speed breakers on NH, God will also be wondering.

Childhood there used to be an Ad 'Citra Super cooler' . I thought it was extinct, so was happy to see it. Took the pic and the bottle too :D
    2 people like this.
  8. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

KA Road guys are famous in India for laying speed breakers even in National Highways..:evilsmile
    2 people like this.
  9. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

Closing in on 2 years and it was time for 3rd free service.
    2[SUP]nd[/SUP] service done at 10482km on ODO
    3[SUP]rd[/SUP] free service done at 23438 km.

Had booked an appointment for Sat 28[SUP]th[/SUP] June. I was late to reach Pandit FASS by an hour. There was huge rush at FASS that day with cars already on the ramps in the service bays and lot many lined up for their turn. Rahul was courteous as always and promised that he will take the Punto in first and deliver by 4.
    This service involved all fluids change and the estimate given to me was 8000 bucks.

Am impressed:

• The mechanic who did the actual service was extremely sincere in his work. I was there in the bay all the time bombarding him with dozens of technical questions.
    • After engine oil change the engine has become so refined. It was almost 13.5k km since the last oil change and the car used to give a feeling of strained engine. Now it feels so refined that at idle can’t make out it’s a diesel. The engine growl at higher revvs is amazing to hear! where is the next TFI meet? :)
    • Gear shifting has also become a lot smooth. A transmission oil change can cause so much difference?
    • Courteous and always helpful staff at Pandit especially Rahul & Anil.
    • Quality of car wash has improved a bit.
    • Wheel alignment and balancing done in-house. No side effects afterwards :)

• After the tyre rotation (diagonal), the humming noise when accelerating has increased multifold to the point of being irritating. The tyres are stock Apollo Accelere. The wheels bearings are fine per the supervisor.

Overall I am quite impressed with the output, the GP is more peppier and with smoother gear slotting I am loving it :cool: The car was ready by four as promised. I don’t think I am going to stick with the FIAT advised engine oil change interval. Henceforth it will be 7.5k km.
    Attaching the itemized bill. Total expenditure 8766/-.

10. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    It's more than 2 years, please update.Have you had any FASS experience at Satara krishna fiat.?