1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Save the internet! Net neutrality.

Discussion in 'Sports and World News' started by pra.agar, Apr 14, 2015.

1. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    I'm sure many ppl must have already heard of it by now, but if in case you have not, do spare some time to go through this videos/Sites/Tweets and understand what telcom companies are trying to do. ACT NOW. Send a mail to TRAI via steps in this link.

https://twitter.com/neutrality_in

Flipkart Backs Out Of Airtel Zero Program After Backlash From Net Neutrality Supporters http://tcrn.ch/1apDnOq

3 Lakh mails sent to TRAI. Send yours: savetheinternet.in #savetheinternet

Read More : http://www.netneutrality.in/

#SaveTheInternet http://www.savetheinternet.in/
    Rituraj and prabhjot like this.
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Sent the mail today morning.

Its height of buffoonery by telecom cos, taking customers for a ride and the TRAI supporting them.
  3. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Yeah, I had done it through change.org few days ago.
  4. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    I'm not sure how change.org works but one has to send a mail individually to TRAI to stop it like one mentioned in the site or one can read it on TRAI website too.
  5. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Actually, change.org sends you a pre-drafted mail which one can change and then sign it. That's what I followed and it gets registered.
  6. RaviHegde

RaviHegde Regolare

Karnataka
    14.62°N 74.85°E
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Looks like TRAI mail server is either overloaded or they have deliberately blocked emails coming in. For last 2 days my mail server is sending me messages saying mail delivery to TRAI is delayed. I hope it will be delivered at least today.
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Why cannot TRAI make these 'freedom to access all sites' plans mandatory for all service providers with strictest pricing controls (regulated rates) at-least for 'essential' 24x7 broadband internet access. Apart from that let them allow service providers to tie-up with companies and sponsor specific packages. I am sure all such packages could not be worst.

Flipkart announced today that they called off discussions with Airtel which seemingly was a decision based on PR (negative publicity). However, TRAI directives/decisions will hold more importance to this whole issue.
  8. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    I dont understand the surprise. If the telcos have been extracted of Rs.1.1 lakh crores for spectrum and they are being monitored for call rates increase, what else is their way out?. We have got used to the net and WA. they found that fleecing on data is a one of the ways that they can extract the huge amount invested in the auction. The waves that they bought on auction are a cost to telcos and it would be naive on our part to expect status quo. There are many ways that they can con the customer. A one minute call can terminate in 58 secs. Imagine.... Those guys are yet to recover the cost of money invested in 3G and now this and next 4G..... and we want lower of everything. There is no free meal.

Abdul
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @jumu, although the same companies should not be allowed to milk consumers in the name of efficiency, inflation and infrastructure up-gradation costs. For example, we were perfectly happy in this part of Maharashtra when electricity boards would operate and manage things. Then privatization has not necessarily helped common people to get a huge 'Value' benefit in the name of efficiency and lower waste of public resources and state debt recovery etc. No free meal, no fleecing be tolerated either. Although the game is too big and financial damages are done big time already for past many decades.