1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Satyamev Jayate

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by VahanPujari, May 6, 2012.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Nopes... Please mention the religion as well, to support the statement. ;)
  2. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Ganges, I think we are diverting here. Let's stick to the topic:mrgreen:.
    The fact of the matter is "it's an effort for alternate career options, what else, the dirty politics".
    If this guy in this entertaining would have been even 1% concerned about the issues, he would have gone into the deep. He is not researching at all. It proves that there no intention for service to others. Take my words, you will see this guy very soon into politics.

None the less, there are problems like infants dying of malnutrition (the most heinous issue for me), kids begging on signals, police state etc etc. In all, It's good that we at least notice them via entertainment which we fail to note when the same stuff is seen real time over n over everyday.
    1 person likes this.
  3. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Obviously you have not seen the show and as usual debating. Those guys killed a guy for marrying someone. They tied him with a vehicle and ran the vehicle so the poor guy was made to be pulled alongthe ground and then killed him. His sister and mother are fighting alone.

The question was and is that there is a constitution. We are not living in any andher nagari or under gandu raja. There is law and there is constitution. Who authorises anybody to disregard constitution and law setting up one's own law? Nobody can take law in his hand stating this is not right according to me, my belief, my view or my law. Nobody. Neither you nor me nor they.

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

Why. I saw an episode where mother-sister of a guy who was killed were there. Also were there an entire unit of community or kham who were boycotting those guys who did not follow their "law".

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

For killing family member or someone who does not follow you, thoose guys are actually criminals and can not call themselves community leaders. In other words you are actually advocating criminals who breaks law and kills.

Yeah. Everybody has figured whom are you advocating for?
    1 person likes this.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    I couldn't comment anything on this thread as I have never seen this program. Finally, got a chance to post a reply.

"The truth isn't quite triumphing - not at least in the way some advertisers on Aamir Khan's hyped debut television reality show Satyamev Jayate thought it would. Television rating points (TRPs) have fallen short of expectations, says at least two marketing heads of associate sponsors, although publicly most advertisers are making the right noises. That, however, hasn't stopped media buying firms, on behalf of advertisers, from pushing for result and performance-based ad rates on reality shows. They say that TRPs should decide the ad rates of reality shows instead of the channels charging advertisers fixed rates even before the show goes live."

Source - TRPs fall for Satyamev Jayate, advertisers raise noise - The Economic Times
    1 person likes this.
  5. NitinGirish

NitinGirish Amatore

Befittingly so. I am amused people even take interest in this kind of program. In Kannada we had similar programs run by yesteryear actresses, Lakshmi, Tara aired on Zee and some other channel. Nothing new and nothing ground-breaking. Neither it entertains nor it informs and doesn't even make a remote pass at solutioning.

I watched Amir Khan's program while casually changing channels this weekend. Watched it for 10-15 mins.
  6. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Since taking lives is considered biggest punishment, it was given. Had there been a bigger, may be those people would have survived. I never advocated murders but just portraying it as someone was murdered because he married someone is "wrong". Bring out the history behind it & let that come in front of the people.

My personal view is "violence has to be last resort for self defense". In-fact, i am of the view that "Patriotism" is the best tool to inspire one for violence. It's all about deep analysis, if he hasn't analyze it properly, he hardly means anything.
  7. clash81

clash81 Regolare

i managed to catch up 5 mins of the 1st episode, i was put off. So i never bothered to watch the program again. My views toe along this article - Does He Mean It? | OPEN Magazine
  8. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

so, according to you, if they had not murdered him but cut his limb or leg or totured him, it was justice? How nice and what athought!

Who are we to "judge" or give verdict that marrying someone was wrong against the law of the land or constitution. Who authorises you, me, or a community to give verdicts?
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  9. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Lots of haters here on teamfiat. I seriously hope we take the positives from the show.
    According to me Aamir is doing a fantastic job by bring these issues in open (i know some knowledgeable people in the forum already know about them) for general public (mango man).

If this cannot revolutionize it will at least prompt us to think in a different way about issues in out society. They are also supporting charities from various walks of life and it is so much better than sitting at home and comment like a armchair activist.

It is easy to sit at home and comment / like on FB but to get up and talk about it needs courage. Please remember he had no compulsion to do this, it's in the general interest of nation that these forgotten (swept under the rug) issues are raked up and highlighted to common public / government.