1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Satyamev Jayate

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by VahanPujari, May 6, 2012.

1. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    What a show !!

So engaging, so full of emotions, touching the social issue & reform and expertly compered.

Hats off to Aamir Khan ! I always have a huge respect for him which has gone further up by several notches.

As an Anchor, first there is Amitabh Bacchan......

.......and then there is Aamir Khan. Nobody comes even closer.
    2 people like this.
  2. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    Nice show, I agree. I respect Amir Khan for standing up for what he believes in, and doing something about it. I liked that the show communicated well and it touched upon real stories with sensitivity and without sensationalism.

I did not know that the spark for female foeticide came from those thinking about family planning in 1970s. Without condoning female foeticide, I would think it was successful in controlling population growth in the affected regions in the affected sections of society - the middle class and rich.
    After the show, my mother-in-law narrated an incident wherein immediately after the birth of my wife (in Delhi, 1982), a neighbourhood friend of hers (a doctor!) asked her why did she not go for an abortion, especially since they already had a daughter?!
    Last edited: May 6, 2012
  3. Shocking indeed,but there are issues like corruption in the society ,the moment AK touches it he will be snubbed by Government, as 1/3 of GDP goes as corruption money no body in the business would like to loose it.
    -Sat
  4. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Nice show indeed. It is sad to see that in 21st century, our society is plauged by such a thing!

Let us see what is the reponse from the Rajasthan Govt when AK sends out the letter, that he talked about in the show, to the Rajasthan CM.
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    a must watch show for everyone!! i wanted to see what it is about but once i started watching, it was so engaging and relevant that i watched the two episodes back to back continuously!

First two episodes (1 hr each) are available on youtube without any ads. i would request everyone to find time and watch it!
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    The episode this Sunday was really good.

Child sexual abuse is swept underneath the carpet by so so many families. The mental make up of the child can remain scarred forever if the issue is not promptly addressed. It is an ugly truth which must be tackled.

I hope people will follow the gist of the episode in true spirit and not just make it a sort of Sunday watching.

Pity those poor folks who would've swapped channels when a topic like " child sexual abuse" would've popped up on TV. As it would'nt have made for "comfortable family viewing". I really pity those people.

I met a very progressive person this week, and discussed the episode with him. He has had frank discussions with his son over the topic , so that , god forbid when any such situation may arise, the child will know whom to talk to. And not just quietly be trapped in a cocoon knowing his parents wont listen to him.
    Last edited: May 17, 2012
    3 people like this.
  7. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Sex education is the solution to avoid sexual abuse.
  8. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Sad I could not watch last 2 episodes. Was on holidays. But Sunday morning is booked now. Won't miss any episodes.
  9. It should be there in youtube.
  10. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Double standerd ?

Today I saw Amir Khan's show " Satyamev Jayate" on Star TV. Subject was domestic voilence.Amir interviewed with some women who are victims of domestic voilence. He discussed on it. Remarked on it etc.I did not saw complete episode. But one question in my mind was striking, is Amir have really moral right to discuss on this subject ?CozHe has taken divorce from his wife Reena after 15 year marriage & even he has 2 kids.Do you think that to give divorce is also a type of voilence? Let's take a poll on it.