1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Samsung Galaxy SIII Now World's Best Selling Smartphone :

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by amargawade90, Nov 8, 2012.

1. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

The Samsung Galaxy SIII was the best selling smartphone worldwide in the 3rd quarter of 2012 according to new research from Strategy Analytics.

This is the first time Samsung's Galaxy S3 has outsold Apple's iPhone and is a major coup for the Korean company. In the third quarter of 2012 Samsung sold 18 million Galaxy S3's which is up from 5.4 million in the same period last year.

Apple's iPhone 4S came in second place with 16.2 million sales in the same period. With Apple also selling 6 million iPhone 5's in the quarter so if you combine both devices it still beats Samsung's figure. However, that doesn't change the fact that Samsung's Galaxy SIII is now the best selling smartphone in the world.

The success of the Samsung Galaxy SIII is first due to it being an amazing smartphone with a high-end specification. However, in addition Samsung have got the smartphone into as many stores as they can and are offering operators generous subsidies.

The imminent launch of the iPhone 5 no doubt had a huge impact on sales of the iPhone 4S and we're sure Apple's smartphone would have outsold Samsung's had it not been for the launch of the new iPhone.

GalaxyS3-newcolours-580-75.jpg

Source : Samsung Galaxy S3 beats iPhone 4S in worldwide 3Q sales - Silicon Valley / San Jose Business Journal
    1 person likes this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Which ever sells best may not be the best product (think about Fiat cars). :)

After owning and using Samsung S2, I hate these korean phones. Really.
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
    3 people like this.
  3. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

ramjn are you used S3 or not ?
  4. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Never. S3 or S4 or S5. I would never go for Samsung after using the S2.

Note:- My current phone is S2. :(
  5. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

ohhh.....any specific problem with samsung s2 ?? Im buying new Mobile this weekend.....and I'm confused between S3 and HTC ONE X ...
  6. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Why did you buy Punto 1.4 when the whole world is buying Maruti Swifts and Hyundai i20s? :D

With S2, no problems as such. But, I don't like the feel and the experience of using this mobile.
    I don't have idea about the HTC, but if you ask me, I would recommend you iPhone. Simply classy.
  7. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

mate , its out of budget !! so i consider only S3 and One X here!!
    I mostly towards HTC One X but its its battery life is not much great as S3 !!
  8. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Members who have used One X can comment here.

How much does the S3 cost and the Iphone 5?
  9. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

Iphone 5 = 45,500 Rs
    Where S3 and HTC One X = ~34,500 Rs
  10. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    If you have any friends in US and are coming back in the near term, think about asking them to get the iPhone.
    The Unlocked iPhone 5 (16GB) costs $649 in USA which will translate to Rs. 35,000 (Approx.)