1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Sakleshpur trip - 3 cars .. awesome friends - Phenomenal Drive

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by svvickky, Jun 21, 2015.

1. svvickky

svvickky Amatore

Hi All,
    This was pending in my mind since some time. Never felt easy to write, but I wanted to really pen this down, because every one of our MJD fan is gonna love this. !! Yeah I own a 1.2 FIRE, but got a chance to extensively drive my friend's MJD on both highway and ghat of sakleshpur
    In fact I experienced the awesomeness of MJD which i had only read so far in this forum :). Saw it in action against two other cars ( i 10 , i 20 ) both being petrol, driven by friend's who have 4 times the experience that I have in driving :). Ask me, it doesn't matter if you have an MJD at your disposal

With MJD others had to just keep following me :)
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 21, 2015 ---
    Now with all the praise of MJD , here goes my travelogue !!

June 12th 2015:
    The trip was supposed to be only guys ;) .. so had to leave my family at friend's house for weekend and start off ! .
    Reached my friend's place at night 12:30 , taking a meru cab. The driver was fully sleepy and he missed 3 speed breakers :inpain:, first time i took a ride with seat beats on, in the back seat
    Our scheduled time was to start at 4:30, but with gang of 13 , it doesn't take much of brain to guess, we can never start at right time!. We started at 6:45 AM finally.
    The cars were

Hyundai i 20 sport - Petrol
    Hyundai i 10 sportz - Petrol
    Punto 1.3 MJD

It was my first experience driving MJD and my first trip with friends after I did mile crunching on my 1.2 punto , on highways I mandate I never cross 100 Km/hr and that too only if I feel I am fully confident on road.

The other two cars were doing high speeds and I was catching between the breaks :)
    Entered the GHATS!!

I have done following ghat roads in my 1.2 punto
    1. kodiakanal
    2. Yercaud
    3. Nandi Hills

I clearly know the pull that 1.2 gives , Now on MJD it was just WOW !! .. Sheer pleasure driving that machine.
    I was racing ahead the other cars, The curves were taking with ease, accelarating was fun.. the hyundai cars could never even imagine doing that!!
    I was taking some inclines in 3 rd gear , which 1.2 would manage only on second sometimes i would have downshifted to first in my 1.2

We took a break, infact long break for others to catchup :). and all started asking how you drove so fast in ghat .. I was just thinking

Never realized that this is just start of the story :)

Giving you all some pics of what's coming up

Some muddy , slippery inclines !!
    little off roading :)

keep glued, more fun to follow for all FIAT fans

Screenshot from 2015-06-21 12:03:17.png

Screenshot from 2015-06-21 12:02:59.png
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
  2. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Linea T-Jet
    Last pic confirms more of an adventure than a plain travelogue, glued!
  3. svvickky

svvickky Amatore

contd .....
    The tar roads showed us a byee. and we were greeted with muddy, soiled roads.

The FIRST Experience

As punto was always ahead of two, punto was first to experience an incline which was muddy, and skidding . ALAS !! punto just zoomed off though with some skidding and experienced driving.

When i20 followed it, it got stuck half way, with wheels rotating :( . The first pic above . Don't even search for Punto, it has already crossed it :).
    i20 had to be pushed by all of us to come out of the muddy road.

i10 now more cautiously driven after seeing i20 struggle, knowing the route carefully i10 managed to come out fine without halts ..
    We thought it was end of all, but more such roads greeted us and every time, it was punto which was put into test first, once punto leads the way, others follow :)

When we were just having the sight of resort and relived the path just haunted us .. it was more steeper and more muddy.

We first got down of car and assessed if we can take the car up. We were little doubtful whether it can be done, we as usual trusted our punto to take it first. Punto being driven by my friend from kerala, who has experience in ghats , he made it with little difficulty.

But i20 and i10 had to pushed manually, once we reached the resort we saw only SUVs, 4 WD versions parked.

Some pics of resort and places that I clicked

OUR CARS ---

Screenshot from 2015-06-21 17:57:25.png
    GANG who did the trip :)
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
    punto_emotion, Deepak, dhinas and 6 others like this.
  4. kishorekrs

kishorekrs Amatore

Punto Evo 1.3
    @svvickky Itseems that you and your friends had a fab time. Infact you have visited the place at right time mate. I guess you would be more than happy driving Punto be it on flat road or on off-road. It leaps across easily anything given to it.
    svvickky likes this.
  5. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Awesome place!! Please provide the resort name and location.
    Is this Mugilu?
    svvickky likes this.
  6. svvickky

svvickky Amatore

Yeah I really enjoyed that :)

Not Sure If I can do that on my 1.2 , but MJD rocks
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 26, 2015 ---
    Will post more pics of resort soon

But Resort is strictly for Guys.. Family I doubt because of below issues
    1. No Nearby shops for even emergency we have to travel for an hr
    2. No electricity supply , they run a generator and provide supply between 6 pm - 11 pm
    3. Average in fact below average food
    4. We got lots of guys who were drinking all over , definitely family will feel uncomfortable

But rooms are awesome, very neatly maintained.
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
  7. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @svvickky : nice write up mate. I could see you are a born Fiat fanboy :)
    which resort you stayed there.