1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Sahyavede's Night Trek and Camp at Rajmachi on 14th - 15th December 2013

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by kedarbendre, Dec 17, 2013.

1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    We a bunch of Trekkers who are crazy Sahyadri mountains in Maharashtra created this a Trekking Group called सह्यवेडे (Sahyawede).

Being part/member of this group I went this group for Rajmachi Trek.

The winter is on full swing now and its the best atmosphere to camp out. So I decided to visit this place with my wife and a group of 28 trekkers.

We had 4 tents with us along with sleeping bags and some food.

We started our Journey from Pune Station by last local for Lonavala from Pune. We reached at Lonavala station by 1:30 AM and we started trekking from 2:00 AM from Lonavala Railway station.

The distance from Lonavala to Rajmachi is around 16 kms and our target was to cover this distance before Sunrise and to watch Sunrise from Rajmachi. We covered 16 kms by walking from jungle area where we spotted footprints of wild animals as well.

We were at Rajmachi village at 7:30 AM and had tasty breakfast as scheduled at village house where we informed/booked about our schedule for food (breakfast, tea, meal).

After break we visited Shrivardhan fort which was good experience. We came back to the village house and had our Lunch and we took rest till the evening.

Again we had tea and started trek for another fort called Manaranjan to watch Sunset. :p This sunset was one of the best sunset I ever watched.

We came down to the house and tasty Chicken Curry was waiting for us with Indian break made up of Rice and onions. Food quality was awsome.

After dinner we went to an ancient Shiv Temple is situated on the west side of the Lake on Fort Rajmachi. We fixed our tents nearby and enjoyed star watching in moon light. Few experts shared some information about Fort Rajmachi and Shiv Temple as well.

On Sunday 15th December we had breakfast and started our Journey back to home. It was not as easy as just walking 16kms while coming to Rajmachi as it was normal route and we skipped around 11 moutain by plane road. While going down the road (aham it was not road) was filled with skrees and it was dangerous to go down. The distance was around 12 kms and our destination was Kondiwade village from where we can get 6 seater to Karjat station.

We started going down around 11:00 and we reached at Kondiwade by 5:00 ish and we got 3 6 seaters for us and reached at Karjat Railway Station. We had breakfast at Karjat and boarded Kanyakumari Express from Karjat for Lonavala. After reaching Lonavala we got Lonavala Pune local at 7:00 PM and we reached at Pune by 9:00ist and then reached at home by 10:00 PM.

The route:

Pune Station ---> Lonavala Station ---> Tungarli ---> Upper Deck Resort ---> Udhewadi ----> Kondiwade ---> Karjat ----> Lonavala Station ---> Pune Station & journey ends. :) :wow

Rajmachi

A huge plateau with pair of forts, Shrivardhan & Manaranjan. Rajmachi was the door from Konkan to the Pune area and the reade route of Borghat (Currently, we have Mumbai-Pune Express highwayin this region).

The Trek

Grade: Medium
    Height: 3600ft from MSL.
    District:pune

Photos coming soon. :)

Pune members we can visit this place by SUVs and post 2012 FIATs. What say
    7 people like this.
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    uploadfromtaptalk1387267793721.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387267818522.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387267863230.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387267929993.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387267952589.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387267976075.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387268006501.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387268036077.jpg

Sent from my FIAT Grande Punto 90hp

- - - Merged Post - - -

Few more photos: Countesy Google baba.

Rajmachi is paradise for offroader and if anyone planning offroading in their SUVs then this is better option.

Udhewadi: A village at Rajmachi had no electricity and they only have Solar Lights. So if you are planning to visit this place over the weeekend and planning to stay then dont forget the power bank to charge your mobiles and camera.

Rajmachi.jpg

rajmachi7big.jpg

rajmachi-temple.jpg

4821100483_b57eca61ab_z.jpg

rajmachi-hillstation.jpg
    8 people like this.
  3. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Great...
    On 14-15 Dec, I was trekking at Raigad with a group of bikers.
    What a co-accident ;)

Rajeev
    2 people like this.
  4. Lunafiatic

Lunafiatic Amatore

Pune-Mumbai-Pune
    Kedar ek number.. Masta aahet photos. It must have been a great trek I reckon.
  5. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    I am sure you must had excellent time out there.

This reminds me my trek from Karjat to BhimaShankar this monsoon. I will try to upload the trek details soon to our forum.
    2 people like this.
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Thank you guys. Yes it was thrilling experience and total distance we walked was around 30-35 kms which I never thought I will do.

We are planning one more camping on first weekend of 2014 at Naneghat and this time we will be riding or driving to the spot and bonfire and dinner planned.
    1 person likes this.
  7. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Awesome kedar,
    It must be very thrilling experience.

Next meet would be night camping
    2 people like this.
  8. autowierdo

autowierdo Amatore

Pune
    Hey kedar nice write up and pics. I guess now i will have to move my lazy bones and be prepared for such awesome camping. Looking forward to camping with fiatians soon.

Sent from my RM-914_im_india_269 using Tapatalk
    2 people like this.
  9. abhishekpachore

abhishekpachore Amatore

Pune
    Naad Khula saheb. Photos are good, Sleeping bag madhe jop lagali ka?
    1 person likes this.