1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Sahyavede’s Ride to Korigad and Overnight Camp at Tail Baila on 4th - 5th January 201

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by kedarbendre, Dec 18, 2013.

1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    If anyone intested to join then please let me know.

It’s the time, When we all decide the plans for New year. And beginning of the new year cannot be better than a ride and a Camp in Sahyadris.

Korigad - A fort on the border of the Amby Valley. This fort has a lot of Historical significance. The hill fort is built to Safeguard the surrounding area. Today, it offers awesome views of the Amby Valley.

Tail-Baila - A duo of rock walls in the Sahyadri is very well known for it’s rock Climbing. this place was used as a watchtower in the historic times. The village at the base is so remote that one has to cross a dense forest to reach the place.

Let’s talk more about them on the ride and at the Camp site.

The Plan –

Day 1 – Saturday 4th January 2014

MEETING POINT: We will meet at Lonavala at the Bhushi Dam road corner at 11:00 A.M.

Once, everyone is here, we will have our Lunch by Noon.

We will start the ride post Lunch towards Korigad after Introduction and instructions to be followed.

Korigad is around 23 KM from Lonavala and the road to this place is really good and well maintained as it heads to Amby Valley.

Korigad fort is one of the Easy forts to climb and takes 20-30 min to reach the top. After exploring the fort, we will head towards our Campsite at Tail-Baila base.

After this 14-15 KM drive through Dense forest and the so called Tar road, we will Start the preparations for the Camp.

Once done, We will enjoy the Evening Soup.

Then, we will prepare the Dinner.

We will have a session of Campfire with some Music (please get musical instruments, if you have any), songs, Games, Chatting with Dinner Rretire for the Day.

Day 2 – Sunday 5th January 2014.

06:30 – Wake up Call 07:30 – Breakfast. 8:30 – RIde Back home.

Things to Remember:

The Plan has been mentioned as per the ideal scenarios. It may vary as per the real time Conditions.

1497490_271356759679049_249741263_n.jpg
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
    4 people like this.
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Pune members where are you? :p

Lets go out and have some great time with nature. We were discussing about the night camp and this is the best opportunity for us.
  3. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Are we doing this camping with our rides? Like in the picture?
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Yes we do.

Few people are riding to the venue and few driving to the venue. I will be driving my Punto to the Venue. If anyone interested then please add your name in below list.

1) Kedar Punto 90HP
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
    2 people like this.
  5. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Kedar I love this idea, but cant make it on 5th. Again the next week i,e. 12th we have our meet.
    We will plan a separate meet for this probably in Feb.
    1 person likes this.
  6. abhishekpachore

abhishekpachore Amatore

Pune
    Agree with channa. Back to back meets I will not get permission from home