1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Safe night driving

Discussion in 'Safety First!' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Jan 22, 2013.

1. bins

bins Amatore

As said by sat_chit in his post, I find night driving less stressful and less tiresome.
    Most of my highway drives involves atleast 5-7 hours of night driving. As said, eating less for dinner is essential.
    I used to carry a can of redbull and it kept me awake. But from the last 5-6 trips, redbull does nothing to me. I am not sure why its so. But the best and cheaper thing I do now is carry a flask with black coffee, chocolate. I find it very effective. You have your energizer anytime you want.
  2. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Glad to know everybody is aware but nobody acts.

I have a 12000 lumen luxor led in my junk box, bought for a video projector which is as bright as 400 watts metal hallid lamps used for stage shows. If I fix it on my Punto with a reflector and turned on at night ,it can cause temporary vision loss for the offenders.

Ps:I am an electronics enthusiast too.
  3. Man, that is extreme reaction, what if police catch and fineyou?
  4. C_S

C_S Amatore

I can understand the frustration, and have been at the receiving end of bright lights, but causing a vision loss can do more harm and lead to accidents..... i am sure with more awareness, we will see a lot more discipline... Generally i use the low beam when approached, at least let the approaching vehicle see the road clearly and pass off, rather than each one trying to blind the other.

Yeah, but you are right when you say that the regulatory authorities need to wake up and take some action on the offenders.
  5. sabrina850

sabrina850 Timido

There are products out there claiming to be 'night driving glasses' in that they reduce the glare affect while driving.
  6. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Buy those yellow glasses (avail in Decatlon for instance), which helps u in night driving better but again dims a bit in good visiblity.