1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Sach Pass one heck of drive in Himalayas.

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by varoon9999, Jul 27, 2014.

1. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Last week of June this summer !!

Scorching heat in Delhi was eating away the head during the summers then struck the idea of experiencing the white blanket,which is mere 130 km away from my home.Visiting this place was on cards from past few years but because of busy schedule at home always kept me away from doing this terrain. Fortunately i could do this on my recent visit to home Chamba,a small town in Himachal pradesh.

Very unconventional here for not doing this run on my all time favorite fiat.I had gone home without my car this time and we choose to take this 1.1 motor to this pass.

Surprisingly i10 did the same stretch last year in October too.This 1.1 motor has really impressed and made me its fan and no wonder Hyundai is leading the charts here in India.

Altitude 14500 above the sea level,:car:car

Sach pass is what i am referring here to.

IMG_1287.jpg

IMG_1286.jpg
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
    15 people like this.
  2. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Teaser is Great!!
    Details of the travelogue along with few more pics are expected varoon :cool:.
    1 person likes this.
  3. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Oh Dear, looks like heaven. Waiting for the travelogue and more pics.
    1 person likes this.
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Excellent, varoon9999. I propose to drive in my XUV 500 over Sach Pass on 17 Sep 2014 while returning from Leh. The plan is to leave HPTDC Chanderbagha, Keylong at 6 am, drive via Udaipur/Killar/Sach Pass to Chamba for night halt at HPTDC The Iravati. Can I and my XUV 500 do it in September?
    2 people like this.
  5. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    J Ravi sir,Pabhishek,GP Freak many thanks.

Travelogue is on the way,

Ravi Sir,you can do it easily in September.Ensure that you start your downward journey to chamba maximum by 1'o clock.

Iravati hotel is decent property to stay in,few of our TFI mates stayed here during my wedding function.
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
    2 people like this.
  6. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Before i start jotting down the travelogue i would sincerely like to thank goddess "Rakhalu Mata"" for making us pass by such hard terrain unharmed.

Every vehicle or individual passes by this road stops here to pay the obeisance to almighty "Rakhalu Mata"".It is to be said that,this Goddess is real Savior and looks after all her devotees.

Adding one liner here from one of the picks from Mohit chauhan album here-Maaye ni meriye shimle di rahein,chamba kitni k door.O shimle ni basna,kausali ni basna,chambe jana jaroor ***

To reach here-
    Route from Delhi-ludhiana-jalandhar-patanhkot-chamba.
    Once you hit chamba,it is 120 kms drive to Sach pass.
    Chamba-pukhrii-Tissa-Kilaad-Satrundi-Sach pass.

Another route is-
    Delhi-Ambala-Chandigarh-Manali-Rohtang-Lahual spiti-Udaipur-Pangi-Sach pass.

Sach pass is open uptill last week of october. June.June to October one can drive through this pass.

So post july snow here starts diminishing eventually,but one can enjoy the flora and fauna here post august.Different breed of plants and flowers one get to see during the month of aug-October, some very rare species of flowers which are only found in high altitudes.Any vehicle irrespective of segment can do this terrain easily,but need to be cautions while driving in these single lane road.Specially the small cars need to be taken care of from bottom scrapping.

IMG_2033.jpg IMG_0915.jpg IMG_0931.jpg IMG_0986.jpg
    5 people like this.
  7. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    We started at 7'0 clock from home,though it was quite late to start because we had to come back in the evening to chamba.Mother was kind enough to wake up early and pack us for breakfast and lunch.Five of us drove down on that fine morning,my elder brother,sister in law,my Cousin Mani,my lovely Wifey and myself.

We halted at lot of places for pictures and to eat food,also some of our old pals stays there on the route at tissa.Stopped at Killad guest house for breakfast.As we all were basking in the sun and weather seamed to be perfect for the drive.

Reached up hill at Satrundi around 1'o clock.Though we were running out of the time still wasted umpteen minutes here munching chips and gulping hot Maggi noddles.Along with some killer photo shoots .

When we were heading upwards we were all listing to some peppy numbers and yelling inside the car.

After 2 hrs situation flipped and all the songs that we were earlier humming turned to humble prayers,now we are all chanting "Hanuman Chalisa"

IMG_0951.jpg

IMG_0986.jpg

IMG_1013.jpg

IMG_1044.jpg

IMG_1137.jpg

IMG_1131.jpg

IMG_1886.jpg

IMG_1308.jpg

IMG_1144.jpg

IMG_1104.jpg
    9 people like this.
  8. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks, varoon9999. I will do that. By chance, if I get delayed I will stay at Killar. I heard very good feedback about Killar PWD rest house. :)

Killar [Kilaad] is located on the other side of Sach Pass. Did you mean Bairagarh?
    1 person likes this.
  9. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    J Ravi sir,no Killad is a small hamlet which is on the way to Sach.Yes Bairagarh will also come on the route,7 kms from Tissa.

The rest house at Kilaad is located in very serene and tranquil place.It is one of the best maintained rest houses in Chamba district.The beauty of this rest house is that you get to see lovely valley from the windows of the room.

IMG_1017.jpg IMG_1898.jpg IMG_2036.jpg IMG_1061.jpg IMG_1178.jpg
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
    4 people like this.
  10. GaganTakker

GaganTakker Amatore

New Delhi
    Its too good :)
    Enjoyyy
    1 person likes this.