1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Sabarimala anyone?

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by PatchyBoy, May 16, 2013.

1. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

Happy journey... swamie sharanam :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  2. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Picked up my friend and waiting at the attibele toll for Rajan.

Thankyou shadowfax
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    TFI Support - Thread Closed.

EDIT - Now opened.
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Guys,

We have planned another visit to Sabarimala in October. Here is the tentative schedule:

19th October - Saturday - 06:30 AM depart from Bangalore

Breakfast at Saravana Bhavan, immediately after crossing Krishnagiri
    Lunch at Meenakshi Bhavan, Theni
    Dinner - somewhere on the way.

Reach Pambha by 10:00 PM. Have bath in Pambha and start the uphill trek

20th October - Sunday - Have darshan as soon as the temple opens. Start the downhill trek.

Leave Pambha by 10:00 AM. Brunch somewhere on the way.
    Reach Palani by 5:00 PM. Check into some hotel. If possible, freshen up and have Dharshan.

21st October - Monday 10:00 AM leave Palani after breakfast
    Lunch en-route
    Get to Bangalore by 6:00 PM

All are welcome to join. As the participants are finalized, will post a more detailed concrete plan.

Request to KL TFIans - Could you guys give us an update on the road conditions? Thanks.

Rajan
    5 people like this.
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    All set after lots of drama this time. For starters, Raj29 and his friend wanted to join again, but Raj had to pull out due to personal reasons. That brought down the count from the original 9 people to 7 people and just my car. Since my car cannot accommodate 7, after weighing all options, we decided to book a self driven Innova. Searched high and low and found a contact and called him up.

250 kms per day @ ₹ 2500 - extra kilometers @ ₹ 7.00 per km was the final quote.

Meanwhile, one more participant had to drop out and left 6 of us. But we still needed the Innova. So, I went and paid ₹ 2000 last evening and blocked the car for 3 days, with an understanding that I will pay the balance ₹ 5500 + ₹ 10000 refundable security deposit today evening and pick the car up. Sadly, another participant lost a close relative last night. Now the final count was 5 and the Linea will do fine :A :A

After a quick round of discussions and calculation of costs, we decided to cancel the Innova and take my Linea. The rental guy understood the situation, but refused to refund the booking amount. All he could offer was to adjust the money if I book the Innova any time in the future (anyone wants to hire the Innova, PM me for a ₹ 500 discount :D )

Strange are His ways. So, now the Jet is filled up, all regular checks done, bags packed and all set to go. Planning on leaving home at 5:00 AM. We are planning on going to Palani on the way back and it is going to be a 1300 km round trip. Will post a travelogue when I am back. A bit saddened that no other TFIan was able to join this time.

Rajan
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
  6. aruncep

aruncep Amatore

Chennai
    Hi Rajan Sir,
    At govt level they have taken decisions to do maintenance/repair work for the upcoming Sabarimala season. Yes the work have already started. I saw this during my last visit to my home town in Kottarakara. Again while going to Kerala there is no guarantee on how the roads will treat us.
    Please let me know if you are looking for any help in Sabarimala. Thanks

Arun.
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks for the offer buddy. Will surely PM you, if I need any help.

Thanks again.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Have a safe journey, Rajan. I would have joined for sure if I were around. :)
  9. bins

bins Amatore

Bangalore
    Did the route via theni 1 month back. Till Dindigul its 4 lane road. To avoid diversions, I usually take the Palacode route. You need to turn right at Hosur(The old highway) and you hit back the highway some 35kms before Salem. You save about 15 kms and a toll. After Salem traffic is sparse. Your CC will be of immense help!! :p
    After Dindigul it will be 2 lane but neat road. The road is unmarked as widening work is still going on.
    Potholed roads for 5 kms after Kumily was the condition 1 month back. Then its okay road till Vandiperiyar(I take a diversion after that). There were a very few places where you see potholes in that ghat section. Your Linea will love this section(Kumily and beyond).
    Happy motoring!
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    How was the trip, Rajan?