1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

S-Cross vs Punto Evo/ Avvy

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Aniket Dessai, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Aniket Dessai

Aniket Dessai Amatore

Goa
    Fiat Enthusiast
    @moksh Pure will be 4 door as they are existing vehicles getting cleared.
  2. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    New Urban Avventura is Coming with More Features. Please check that before taking S-cross
  3. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Pure punto & 3 d punto are different models.

@Moksh,Avventura fits in both Service cost & fun drive criteria.
  4. Aniket Dessai

Aniket Dessai Amatore

Goa
    Fiat Enthusiast
    :shame: I'm back after a long time. Went through an awful lot.
    Almost booked Punto 90. Dropped the idea and now seems a wise idea as the dealer has become even worse now.
    Then went to NEXA for two months and decided to book an SCross 1.3 Zeta. But then the budget came out and prices shot by upto 50k. Dropped it too.
    Next day saw Brezza is launched. Huge demand was generated. Decided to book first and then think. Today got a call that Road tax will be hiked and have to decide within a week. The booked car will arrive before the TD car. Since the chassis is same as the Scross I believe I should stick to this now and take it. Its dragged too much for me to take. Atleast the 1.3 MJD 90 :happy:will be present in it.
  5. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    What exactly do you mean by 'even worse now?

Ride quality, suspension & built quality reviews of Brezza are not encouraging.

Better to go for Scross, recently they slashed prices by up to 2L, Look for prebudget manufactured one, you will get it with prebudget taxes .
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. Aniket Dessai

Aniket Dessai Amatore

Goa
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Dealer doesn't even have TD vehicles.

Ride quality and suspension are quite refined. Don't know where u saw that its not. Build quality is good on the outside but interior is like 7/10 so not much of a problem.

Can't get prebudget prices now. Its when they register our name aggainst the car on their system that matters. So that's not possible now. Anyways no old stock is present. There's a speculation that Vitara S will replace it at NEXA. Its essentially the same car with SUV styling. Going to be a killer machine that one. Creta is so overpriced, 18 lakhs in bangalore for that is ridiculous. Vitara S should sort Creta out.
  7. punto11

punto11 Amatore

assam
    I have also test driven the scross. My observations relative to my punto 75hp 4years old is that my 4year old car when arrives looks like Angelina Jolie and that scross looks like a hippopotamus. I mean their showroom car looks older then mine. That build quality etc is just gimmick created by a friendly automotive forum. Nowwhhere near fiats or even fords. If you press the front bumper with finger you will realize. And 1.3 scross doesn't make any sense. If its scross then it must be 1.6 other wise our very own 90hp. Don't ever trust any vehicle reviews blindly just check yourself before you take the final decision. By the way I have also booked the scross a 2015 model with discounts and pre budget prices. That's another story as I don't have fiat dealer nearby. Otherwise it's no match. Only positive for me now is the 1.6mjd.
    prabhjot, varunrtr, Bala and 4 others like this.
  8. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    I meant to say that built quality of Scross is better than Brezza vitara as per automotive reviews.

Agreed, look wise punto /Avventura /Brezza look much up to date.

To my surprise, MSIL claims that Brezza has been crash tested but they are not revealing the results.
  9. Aniket Dessai

Aniket Dessai Amatore

Goa
    Fiat Enthusiast
    I hope to post my ownership thread before this site goes down.
    Its not a full FIAT but FIAT at heart.
    brezza fogDRL.jpg P1050206.JPG
  10. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Congrats on your car. It's a practical car that shouldn't disappoint most. But I guess 90 HP in Punto guise would have been a lot more fun.