1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

S-Cross vs Punto Evo/ Avvy

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Aniket Dessai, Jan 11, 2016.

1. manjunathkl

manjunathkl Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.4
    @Aniket Dessai You could buy a used SX4 Diesel. This is a rebranded Fiat Sedici. You get Fiat build, Fiat engine and Maruti Service all in one. Steering is still a let down. Sorry if this is a bad suggestion as SX4 is discontinued.
  2. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    But SX4 is a rattle snake.
  3. Aniket Dessai

Aniket Dessai Amatore

Goa
    Fiat Enthusiast
    @manjunathkl We plan to buy something brand new. All 5 previous cars were used ones. So SX4 is out of question.
    S-Cross is quite good. 1.3 MJD 90HP doesn't lag as much as the 1.6.
    @Tornado Why duster or terrano? I drove a friends terrano on a short stretch. Felt it a bit hard to drive compared to a hatchback. S-Cross feels a bit better. Interiors on the terrano felt plasticky. Duster almost the same.
  4. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Well Duster Terrano are kings of ride quality in that segment & suspension is also as good as Fiat.
    Aniket Dessai likes this.
  5. nikhil0405

nikhil0405 Amatore

Pune
    Linea 1.3
    Having driven the scross and duster, I found the scross ride quality good. Duster is superior but looses out big time on interiors and cost. Plus Renault ASS is dicey.
  6. Aniket Dessai

Aniket Dessai Amatore

Goa
    Fiat Enthusiast
    S-Cross price drop is anticipated by NEXA Goa. 10 lks for third trim.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 18, 2016 ---
    @nikhil0405 Duster is superior in which aspects? I haven't driven it. Renault dealer is not on any of my routine roads.
  7. nikhil0405

nikhil0405 Amatore

Pune
    Linea 1.3
    Duster ride quality is better than scross and also the road presence. It is also sedan like to drive with a good view of the road. But given a choice, I would choose scross over duster and save few lacs and get comparatively reliable ASS.
  8. Revv

Revv Amatore

Chinchwad, Pune
    Chinchwadgaon Pune
    Linea 1.4
    S-Cross price reduced by almost 2 lakhs ex-showroom for 1.6 diesel.
    I took test drive of Avvy and S-Cross in October last year. Positives for Avvy are Steering, build quality, ride quality and price. For S-Cross - its a maruti, touch screen and better gear shift (I don't think there is much difference though).

Anyway I guess you mentioned earlier that you were not happy with Fiat dealer in Goa. My advice would be - go for S-Cross.
  9. Aniket Dessai

Aniket Dessai Amatore

Goa
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Still not booked. Finally will see what happens at the delhi expo in the next three days.
  10. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    @Aniket Dessai
    1) If you worry about service and service cost and other stuff - Maruti is the call
    2) If you are somewhat using the village road - Avvy
    3) If you want fun drive -Punto

As seen Punto Pure is expected to launch in 3 days , as per the photos its seems to be a 2 door car. Lets hope for the best.