1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

S-Cross vs Punto Evo/ Avvy

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Aniket Dessai, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Mefeels, if at all it is necessary to compare Scross with fiat cars available in India, it can be compared with Linea (as both have similar space, boot space).

@prabhjot, nearest FASS to Goa, outside Goa might be Kolhapur (Maharashtra) or Belgum(karnataka) and not Satara.
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
    prabhjot likes this.
  2. Aniket Dessai

Aniket Dessai Amatore

Goa
    Fiat Enthusiast
    p_20151023_125742-jpg-83985-jpg.85214.jpg
    What we planned to buy

What I think we'll end up buying
    1432922d1446121079t-maruti-s-cross-ddis-200-zeta-a350-cometh-scrossrefreshed1.jpg

At least I will get the same engine.
    Better low end delivery but a bit compromise on high end or so I believe.
  3. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Aniket,

It's pretty evident (as per my post on the earlier thread too) that the decision is made, looks like you are trying to get a buyin from a few more folks so that you can feel that your decision is right.
    Well, that is not needed reason the same as I mentioned earlier as well. If you are choosing the Scross for the network available, then there is no point of this debate or thread, MASS wins hands down over any other brand in India.
    Get the car and start driving.

Over and Out.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  4. Aniket Dessai

Aniket Dessai Amatore

Goa
    Fiat Enthusiast
    @PradeepM Nope. I will ask the fiat guy and nexa guy at some place and do head to head comparison for a final call.
  5. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    You nailed it correct @PradeepM
    manjunathkl, dadasaheb and gpunto75 like this.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congratulations inadvance @Aniket Dessai for your S-Cross.Please do start a ownership thread for whichever car you will endup buying.
  7. Aniket Dessai

Aniket Dessai Amatore

Goa
    Fiat Enthusiast
    @Ganges @PradeepM @mangueshtendulkar I am the slowest in decision making. Though my decisions always turn out to be the best. Took 1 year to select a laptop, by that time the ASUS laptop I wanted went out of stock forever. Ended up buying a Lenovo with exactly the same configuration. I find history repeating itself. Did exhaustive research on FIAT Punto 90HP and now it's 70% chance towards buying a S-Cross which I thought was a FIAT Sedici with a Suzuki Branding ( TFI made made me realise that it's not exactly the case:banghead:, hoping to find more about it).
    In any case I would like to contribute more to this community. Definitely made a difference for me.
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  8. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    S-Cross is a Good Option But the steering feel is a bit let down for me. i hate EPS.
  9. nikhil0405

nikhil0405 Amatore

Pune
    Linea 1.3
    If going for a Maruti, the scross seems to be the best bet of the current lot. I would say it is better than ciaz if you don't care for the boot space. But again it does not match the fiats in handling and driveability. I rarely drive my santro after the purchase of my Linea about 4 months back.
    manjunathkl and Murphy_Fiat like this.
  10. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    S cross looks like a Chevy UVA (one which was in their stable before launching Sail) on steroids.

If I were you, I would have chosen Nissan Terrano or Reynault Duster over Scross.