1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

S-Cross vs Punto Evo/ Avvy

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Aniket Dessai, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Aniket Dessai

Aniket Dessai Amatore

Goa
    Fiat Enthusiast
  2. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
  3. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    One gets everything needed with a punto sports and that too nearly 4-5 lakhs lesser than it.
    manjunathkl likes this.
  4. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    Buddy,
    Why are you creating new thread, for each question.

Keep it all in one thread
    - Anyone, who wasn't following you earlier; can still help you as he/she wont know the background
    - Anyone, with similar confusion; can read all the post (at one place)
    - Keeps the forum clutter free
    - Notifies the members, who had been watching/following the previous thread.

SCross Vs Avvy - Scross (only if its 1.6) else Avvy
  5. kk27

kk27 Amatore

Kandivali - Mumbai
    Kandivali - Mumbai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    To be honest I don't really see any big deal with the 1.6 diesel. Diesels are known for their bottom end torque & drive-ability. But you can get both that & more with the Tjet. With Tjet you also get mid-range grunt as well as good enough top-end performance. At the end of the day the engine you get in a Maruti Diesel is a Fiat Engine, might as well get a Fiat car.
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  6. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Mods to kindly join this thread with the old one.

@Aniket Dessai All these threads are leading nowhere. In a TFI forum the tilt definitely will be towards fiat side. There are many common forums available where you can ask these. Fiats are to be bought to experience it. For most it is stupendous. For some resentful.
    manjunathkl, prabhjot and gpunto75 like this.
  7. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    If you are getting 1.6 in scross top end with 5.5L discount as said on the news I would go for it but on other hand engine fiat ka chasis fiat ka sab kuch fiat ka then why s cross just cross it . :hilarious:
  8. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Buy A used Fiat , No need to go the FASS at all. Easy on pocket and depreciation.

99Rpm and Local Garage would be able to general maintenance.
    Use it for 2-3 years .. and then decide if you want to buy the JEEP SUV or Mahindra xyz.
    prabhjot likes this.
  9. Aniket Dessai

Aniket Dessai Amatore

Goa
    Fiat Enthusiast
    @Sujit508 That thought too crossed my mind. Upcoming Jeep might just kill creta and ecosport sales. I think it will be successful.Used fiat Evos are not available in the market.
    @moksh the main difference in After Sales.@kk27 Maruti uses Bosch ECU is what I heard and the mapping is better than fiats.
    @metal_heart I thought people might find things a bit off topic. So created a new thread.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2016
  10. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    With Fiat/Abarth, in Goa, you'll get (a) a fass (b) the reportedly excellent satara(?) fass (c) 99rpm.com (d) a responsive Fiat/FCA India and.......(e) TFi, other FIAT owners' help and advice, etc.

(f) much lower cost of purchase, after discounting at either end, and, chances are, of ownership too.

Still not worth taking the some-but-limited-enough and besides, who knows?, 'risk'?

If you or your dad're still feeling unsettled by the idea: by all means (pun intended) get the SCross, it's by far the best Suzuki (NOT Maruti) in years, albeit underwhelmingly styled?

The new SCross (and Vitara) are NOT, btw, off the Fiat Sedici etc chassis/platform etc, afaik, just the diesel engine is, and the potential amt or even ddct (the latter being offered by Suzuki on it in Europe.)

PS: there will be NO Jeep competitor for the Creta, Duster, XUV500 etc at sub-16/17lakhs before 2018, at the earliest, imo, the c-suv will be placed and priced higher, since it will be bigger and of course better.

cheers @Aniket Dessai
    manjunathkl likes this.