1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Rusting where mounting rest

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by varin11, May 1, 2015.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Once all affected areas are patched. Kindly use wax like collinite 845 esp. in areas where water can seep in. You want to protect the paint and metal from environmental factors.
  2. kishorekrs

kishorekrs Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    IMG-20160906-WA0004.jpg
    Near the joints and near the bolt

IMG-20160906-WA0003.jpg
    On the bolt and near the metal joint

IMG-20160906-WA0002.jpg
    Behind the nut

IMG-20160906-WA0001.jpg
    On the nut...

Apart from these pics there's still places like inside the bonnet and on the dickey border where the rusting is affected.
  3. kishorekrs

kishorekrs Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @asimpleson Hello mate. As per our previous discussions on the above issue, could you please help me out in sharing the mail id of Mr. Mangesh Kondalkar?

I have gotten into serious trouble over which the rusting issue has erupted on more than 20 places!! I am going to shoot a mail from the dealer to the concerned person (Mr. Mangesh) as suggested by you. Kindly help me with regards to this. Thanks in advance.
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    mangesh.kodalkar@fcagroup.com

I believe this is the one. Don't know if others still exist. The older email ids. You can google and find references to teamfiat where tfians have mentioned ids.

Good luck..!
  5. kishorekrs

kishorekrs Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Thanks a lot. But i got this mail id...mangesh.kodalkar@fiat.com is it right?
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Yes please send on multiple ones. If it bounces back you will know which aren't active.

But fcagroup.com is legit IMO.
  7. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    I never repaired the rusted part new the suspension in the cowl area..the reason being once the metal is welded the chances of rusting increase more...instead I filled it with grease after treating it with rust converter.

Rust converter and later application of grease in good mode for stooping the rust process.
  8. KKAUL

KKAUL Amatore

delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Treat for eyes For all those Fiat Fanboys
    Pic of April 2014 model C pillar and rear hatch. Beyond reapir

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG
  9. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    The rust seems to be area where water seepage is most common...where ur car is parked normally......My 2009 MJD has most of rusting in cowl area as the area is hidden ..all that water and mud forms muck...and more prone to rust...n I also ignored it by not cleaning it properly.

All cars I had santro(full body), Honda city(mostly doors and boot area), verna (doors, boot, silencer) has/had rusting issues...

Best remedy is use a liquid rust converter where repair is not possible.The liquid can penetrate insider the open joints and treat the rust present there....its a good remedy.
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
  10. KKAUL

KKAUL Amatore

delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks for your concern and relevant Suggestions
    Just 2 cents it is not always the customers fault but company do fail the customer.