1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Rusted Discs - Pls advise

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by parry, Aug 29, 2012.

1. parry

parry

Bangalore
    Thanks all for the suggestions. However, I’m still confused.

Portion of disc which will be in contact with pads would get cleaned due to regular use. But the other parts which are not in touch with pads has to be cleaned manually or painted.

I’m convinced that it would not have any impact on braking performance but layer of rust is just an eye sore on a brand new car with alloys.
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Parry, read/google about oxidation layer formation on cast iron rotors. You will see it is a natural and normal process. No issues.

Infact oxidation is so quick that rotors turn orange by the time one is just finished washing the car. It is simply more visible with alloys just like brake dust accumulation on alloys.
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
  3. Congrats parry on your new car...even my car disc brakes were showing sign of rusting..i dont think it is something to worry about....
  4. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    Congrats Parry for your new Ride :car

Enjoy your Car buddy without anything to worry about Discs... That normal and it happens to any brand's car's disc brakes... Just coz. its FIAT, people take it more seriously & gets extra cautious...

Take a Chill Pill... Your Darling is absolutely Normal...

Cheers...

Neel :up