1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Running Board

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by rs3sekar, Aug 9, 2011.

1. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Esclate the issue man. Do they think we are brainless guys and they can simply cheat us.
  2. teky

teky Esperto

Concorde ambattur proves once again it's the worst to get a Fiat car serviced. Go to the SA tomorrow and ask him to explain why you were quoted 10k, verify that numbers which Srikar has provided. If he is wrong stop taking to him, PM me and I shall share the Tata motors regional head numbers. These guys really ought to be taught a lesson. Unless you make a huge noise no one will care.

Good luck.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  3. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

I had running board scratch, similar to the one posted. Got it painted along with bumper work. Cost 4K, work KHT motors, i would say, paint job is below average. I can get much better workman ship done outside for lesser price as well. Wanted to get so called ASS experience :D

The first service is done and it is also below average, I had asked them to check the rubber beeding which is coming out and they did not do that work. Also water wash was very poor, the soap marks were appearing all over the body.
  4. Thanks bro, Recollecting what happened, One thing that I should have mentioned in my starting post was that a cut/scratch on the rear left door & 'b' pillar (correct me if I'm wrong) was also painted. So the 10k what was charged should be inclusive of this. Still, that SA is not justified in telling me the usual story that "I have ordered the part & it has to come from Pune..."

The first time water wash was poor, I gave the rating to be less than 8 (if I remember right) when they called me for my feedback. Then I received a letter saying that they will do a free water upon showing that letter. I was actually surprised (& happy) that there's some value to the feedback taken from the customer :)

So I use the feedback (effectively) by giving honest rating!!

This time, when the SA talked to me, he said "Sir, any issues, I will resolve; but give the rating 10/10". Lucky him; they are yet to call me...

Of course Nitin, I plan to do that. BTW, how's your car now? Very sorry to see the rust thread:(
    I have downloaded the catalogue & will show a print out of that catalog & ask him to highlight what he has done... Being an Architect, I understand better if explained with drawings :) I will be going there again to collect the armrest that I have ordered.

Thanks for the support, guys, Will keep everyone posted.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2011
  5. sekar
    bhai the work shop is closed today due to a bandh. will find out the part number for that thing tomorrow.
    which one are you talking about?
    that one at the extreme back is the quarter panel. the part between the front door(where it gets locked) and the rear door(where it is hinged) is the b pillar.
    please clarify
  6. Thanks Srikar bhai for correcting my mistake...
    It is the rear quarter panel (left) that had to be painted
  7. srinivaschandalada

srinivaschandalada Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    sekar, the running board, rear quarter pannel a pillar and b pillar are all but one piece, and the cost of this piece would be more than 20 k alone apart from dismantling damaged piece and welding of new piece and painting costs. In your case the damaged part was tinkered into shape and metal paste applied and painted. since the dent was huge metal paste alone could not have done the job, (although some dubious crooks would try covering up with metal paste alone) either the old damaged part of the running board would have been cut out tinkered back to shape and then welded back, or a new sheet been given the shape welded, and painted. The triangle sign would have been covered by paste or the body shop tinker forgot or could not forge that shape on to the new sheet.
    I too had a small gash on my rear quarter pannel, and decided not to have the entire pannel replaced, since the car had to be cut open from roof to rear to bottom which meant originality lost, gaps and forming of rust along the entire weld, a dirty roof padding etc etc.
  8. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    You hit the right nail about .................. TATA people :A
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
  9. Thanks for sharing your experience... THe SA was not consistent in his answers - That is what prompted me to check about this issue here. Had he been really "frank" about it (like you); I would also have come to the same conclusion like you (not change everything & cutting open the full from top to bottom is definitely a no-no:eek: )

1st - He said we will check if it can be repaired (after seeing the photos)
    2nd - When taking delivery, he said it has to be replaced & I will place order after Insurance guy approves it & placed the order also
    3rd - After 2~3 days, again he said he will repair the old one itself (to save time). When I questioned what will happen to the new piece, he said that can be used for some other car :mad:
    4th - After 2 days, I received SMS saying car is ready. So I called the SA, he said we have put the new part itself Sir :sad:

By this time, I had lost faith in his words completely - I called him again & told him to be frank quoting his own previous (contradicting) statements; for which he said he will send me the old dented part & he did send me one piece :eek:
    Tell me, How will I believe that guy again? Now I don't know if it belonged to my car :confused:

From everyone's answer(s) here, I understand that what he has done is a better choice; but the way he went about it was not professional at all:punch
  10. srinivaschandalada

srinivaschandalada Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    You are right sekar parts like running board in punto is one large piece, which has to be cut to be replaced by a new one, unlike door, bonnet, front wheel fender etc which are single pieces.