1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Running Board

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by rs3sekar, Aug 9, 2011.

1. My Punto got damaged when parking in front of my home, as the slab in front of the gate gave way. Refer attached images
    photo 1.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    photo 5.JPG

I got it rectified at Concorder Motors & claimed insurance. I had to shell out Rs.1000. But the query that I have is this:
    The Running Board that has been replaced doesn't have the triangle mark (indicating where to place the jack in case of puncture). When I checked with the TASS guy, he is saying that it is a new part that has been used & the genuine accessory itself doesn't have the triangle - I just wanted to know how I can confirm this

I am in the process of downloading the latest FIAT ePer catalog (v60) in an attempt to identify this. Meanwhile, if any of use can suggest other ways, it will be most helpful.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    What is the part number and cost please.
  3. that guy tricked you for sure. he must have repaired that piece.
    got mine repaired even.

that part, the side thing is a single piece. it has the rear quarter panel, the a pillar, b pillar and the running board.
    that is all one piece. and not bits.

the part number is 59089817 and 59089809 for the panel.(eper v.60)

please do confirm again
  4. In the Invoice, it is stated as:
    980021 Plastic COmponent Welding / Repairs Rs. 10,600
  5. He has sent that portion what has been cut (whihc has a triangle)
    In fact, if he had repaired it, I would have had that marking na
  6. buddy did you pay 10k or 1000 please clarify..
    can i let you know by tomorrow morning when i go to collect my car??
  7. The part costs 10k (I had mentioned that I had claimed Insurance) So I paid 1k only. Will upload copy of the invoice after reaching home.
    You plan to check with TASS tomorrow? Thanks a lot buddy
  8. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Sekar if they had welded a whole sheet meta piece to this covering the entire damaged area, you would surely miss that mark right ? Even applying putty for leveling can also cover that mark. I strongly feel that they have done only patch work on that rather than replacing the whole thing.
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    This says only welding/repair work they did, no mention of parts being replaced.
  10. Ravi Sir, You are right - Also the invoice says Part No / Job code. I guess this refers to Job Code then

What should I do now? I just hoped thay guy would have been frank with me in telling that he has not replaced any part...

You are right - Seems that is what has been done. But when I specifically ask for details, (I wonder) why can't a person be honest?
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2011