1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Run-in period for FIAT engines

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by pammuluvcars, Nov 30, 2010.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Yes, it takes a Fiat to know what is steady and controlled driving, with the precise hydraulic power steering and good wheel geometry control I guess. ;) :smuggrin:

@Mods: the last few posts since post #81 could need a separate or appropriate thread given the deviation from the actual thread topic of run-in periods. :confused:

Thanx.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 24, 2014 ---
    Ganges, its not simple nor simpleson, its asimpleson (a spin-off with multiple meanings if you will:)). Don't give me a feminine name..! :arghh::bawling::D:hilarious:
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
    Ganges likes this.
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ok asimpleson.
    Will correct it, Run-In period from here on with your name :D
    asimpleson likes this.
  3. Dilip patel

Dilip patel Amatore

ahmedabad
    Simple bhai
    I have to change my name at tfi
    What to do

I was new and type my real name
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    No point, too late, we know your name now..! :p:D
    Admins don't allow it Dilipbhai, perhaps they can, but it is not customary to change username once chosen and further don't know if it would reflect in old posts. Maybe Mods/admins can suggest more. On a plus side, any another Dilip Patel person cannot claim this authentic name now, you are the first and only one identifiable with this name hereafter. :)
    EDIT: Also you have posted pic in Avatar, so you are further, UNanonymous. :)

@ramjn, @Ravi
  5. Dilip patel

Dilip patel Amatore

ahmedabad
    Thanks asimpleson
    Also comment on my new post about
    Tfi award just post
  6. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    I had one query regarding the engine starting, though not necessarily related to run in period. Couldn't find other discussion to seek inputs.
    Linea TJet's manual mentions the following which is in stark contrast to what I have generally known: [Yeah and I am almost 80% done with reading the full manual. :)]
    "DRIVING STYLE
    Starting
    Do not warm the engine up with the car standing: the engine warms up very slowly in these conditions, increasing consumption and emissions. It is advisable to start off immediately and slowly keeping the engine speed down: the engine will warm up much faster this way."

As a practice, I generally let it warm up for some time before starting off on my journey. I am continuing with this and reading this actually puzzled me. It would be great to know what practice friends on this forum follow. Thanks in advance!
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    A 10-15 sec. idle is okay in the morning. I agree that engine warms-up within no time post starting, even in a 5 min. sedate drive. Do follow the manual, company engineers know better.
    VIJENDRA SINGH likes this.