1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Rumor : Fiat brand to Exit from India report

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by gazgotta, Sep 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @ksdr

Guess it depends on the type and quality of the esp. The benchmark remains Maserati's still-hydraulic steering setup, but then that is integral to Maserati's historical GT-brand-dna, and Maserati buyers could not be less concerned about fuel efficiency, in the end the main rationale (other than sheer copy catting forced by the mass+herds of consumers) for eps systems.

The current 'best' from a driving-feel-and-communication perspective esp is also from FCA, it seems from nearly-all reviews: that of Alfa romeo on the new Giulia and all succeeding Alfa coming-soon models. There too, it is ALSO about the front suspension geometry and componentry-design on the Giulia et al, apparently from what i can make out from some technical explications, and less about the e- or non-e- of the -ps?
    rusticnomad likes this.
  2. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    http://www.ibtimes.co.in/maruti-suzuki-may-soon-discontinue-celerio-diesel-694353

MSIL have decided to discontinue the diesel powertrain of the Celerio hatchback:turtle:. Also the new 1.5 diesel engine development has been slowed down by suzuki and it will another few more years. so the dependency on Fiat in India by MSIL will be stronger than ever in India at least till 2020 till the new Euro VI norms:headphone:, till then i don't foresee that the rumor of Fiat exiting India will hold true.:nurse:
  3. rusticnomad

rusticnomad Amatore

Indore
    Indore
    Linea T-Jet
    Anyone has email address of Mr Kevin Flynn?
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @bibin

I predicted this two years ago. The rumour of Suzuki developing its own 1.5 diesel by 2018 or whatever was always just a rumour. An all-new half-decent engine takes many hundreds of millions of $ to develop, let alone one anywhere near as great, across parameters, as the mjd. besides, Suzuki also had the european market to consider for diesels. Their diesel engine development was never anywhere as ambitious as developing a replacement for the mjd: they're on the verge of a major foray into small lcv-s in 'very third world' markets like India....and Pakistan (where they have significant operations), and that explains the investment in this simple, crude but fuel efficient diesel of their own.

The mjd's clientele will, if anything, see an increase, since several other firms will struggle if and when the new emission regs kick-in here: there's scarcely any way for some firms (e.g., Toyota? Renault-Nissan? VW-Skoda? Mahindra vis-a-vis the 2litre mjd currently being localized for the Jeep c-suv?) can justify the additional investment required for the compliance of their current inferior diesels, on an india-specific basis, that is, imo.
  5. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    Parent Fiat was paid around Rs 281 crores Royalty payment in FY13 for providing the MJD engine technology to MSIL and that almost doubled to above Rs 500 Crores in FY14 going by the demand of diesel engines and the same can be said of FY15 & FY16 going by the record sales figures of various models in MSIL using the FIAT MJD and also MSIL is directly importing MJD 1.6 from FIAT ITALY for it S-Cross.

No doubt Fiat is showing such lethargic attitude in bringing new models, since they run such a lucrative engine technology business in India without any big investments

http://www.business-standard.com/ar...ives-off-maruti-s-profits-114031500053_1.html
    prabhjot and Krunal Bhatt like this.
  6. Krunal Bhatt

Krunal Bhatt Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Ahmedabad
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @bibin
    Yes, since they are earning enough by selling engines only, they are not considering launching new models. But this situation is there in Europe also, not only in India. Right now they have only JEEP in mind. Nothing else.
    Only Brazil is lucky in this regard, they frequently get new models/facelifts in Fiat lineup along with JEEP.
    In Brazil they have more than 17 products,if I am not wrong.
  7. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Krunal Bhatt : Yep, actually there are 21 products:

1) Toro 2017
    2) Mobi 2017
    3) Uno 2017
    4) Palio 2017
    5) Punto 2017
    6) Grand Siena 2017
    7) Doblo
    8) Bravo 2016
    9) Fiat 500
    10) Siena 2016
    11) Strada 2016
    12) Weekend 2016
    13) Freemont 2015
    14) Idea
    15) Florino 2016
    16) Ducato Multi
    17) Ducato Passageiro
    18) Ducato Cargo
    19) Linea 2016
    20) Palio Fire 2016
    21) Fiat 500 Abarth 2015

In Brazil-India comaprison, we can have the following analogy(in terms of market share):

Fiat(BR)~Maruti(IND)
    VAG(BR)~Hyundai(IND)

And still Brazil doesnt get the Fiat 500 derivatives (like 500X,500L) :rolleyes:
    The only positive I see is that we have more Abarth products than Brazil :D
    Krunal Bhatt and prabhjot like this.
  8. rusticnomad

rusticnomad Amatore

Indore
    Indore
    Linea T-Jet
  9. Krunal Bhatt

Krunal Bhatt Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Ahmedabad
    Punto Evo 1.3
    It seems we have enough discussion on the matter AND we all agree here that our beloved FIAT is not leaving our beloved India in next 3-4 years, at least. (I hope it doesn't leave ever.) So, we can close the thread and instead, I would like someone to start new threads with review of Punto/Avventura Powertech,linea 125s and Urban Cross.
    amitshedha, rajks and linea4me like this.
  10. nirupan

nirupan Novizio

Pune
    It seems Fiat will have to bag pack from India.
    The way dealers shutting shops and no plan for new launches as well as widening Dealership is indicating the same.
    Last 2 years Fiat has no dealer in Financial Capital Mumbai. How can any Automobile Company think business in india without targeting Mumbai. A big question and answer known to themselves only.
    Also there is no confidence on Fiat due to lack of ASS. It is their continuous issue and they are not working on this area after receiving so many feedbacks from customer since they are in Indian market. Or they do not want to improve ASS.
    Even by launching Jeep brand it is difficult for them to survive with this poor reputation and pathetic ASS.
    Hope atleast they will improve ASS for future success.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00LD using Tapatalk
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.