1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Rumor : Fiat brand to Exit from India report

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by gazgotta, Sep 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    @ Prabhjot
    Well i like how you have information & knowledge about FCA and the long messages you post here to keep us updated
    Due to fans like you & us Fiat is alive but management is dead, we would like to see you handle a senior post in FCA to direct them to get some fresh new cars i.e Aegea hatch & saloon, panda, mobi, toro suv, panda 4x4 besides jeep locally made b & c segment suv's & sack punto & linea derivatives very soon which is impossible
    rusticnomad and Navneet like this.
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    You can do it otherway round. Probably. Wheel well is available to order and you can infact weld it in place, I guess. Then put a subwoofer in it or a fuel tank (if it's safe enough). But definitely don't remove tyre from rear. The added protection I believe is well worth it.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Spare-fuel tank in the spare-tyre Avventura cavity, @rusticnomad ? No, no, sirji! btw, there is some talk/gossip about FCA offering the Avventura for small-towns and the more-'rural'-areas while ONLY Urban Cross for the biggest cities.
    rusticnomad likes this.
  4. Navneet

Navneet Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    Avventura, makes bigger sense in non metro areas or where roads are full of gravels and hardly any smooth tarmac. People like to have things in big sizes, and something which is near to SUV. We can see many people choosing crossover cause of this very big reason, basically they want 4/5 seater with heavy ground clearance and looks of SUV. Creta, Breeze, EcoSport, Sx4 , Ellite , Polo Cross Over are not 4x4, though they do sell on branding of SUVs or OffRoader, and many people love them!

Wheres as my 14 year old Palio can do all that still very well. I remember when I have suggested someone's relative from office, in Satara (a first time car buyer) to go for Punto for its rigidity . He had concern about the gravel road in his village. 4 years down the line, he is still happy with his Punto for its rock solid build.

The thing in rural area is cars will be sold on basis of advice, many people are first time buyers , and they wont know much about cars (I mean what should they look into it, and Maruti will easily say "Its Save your lot of petrol" without telling what are you sacrificing).

Wish FIAT could have cracked this and sold Punto Pure and Avventura in off market as big hits!
    prabhjot, amitshedha and rusticnomad like this.
  5. rusticnomad

rusticnomad Amatore

Indore
    Indore
    Linea T-Jet
    I meant Tyre back in customary position and spare fuel in place of current spare wheel, when needed.
    Fuel inside the car, no way :)

Avventura Abarth is winning for me till now, though son is pitching for Cross. Not sure what will be the status in 2017.
    But, one thing is for sure -- it will be a FIAT. Casually asked my son for options -- he drives Figo right now -- and he voted for FIAT too, unless we move a segment up when CRUZE comes into play.

He said all that driving position, rubbery gear, long clutch travel, ergo etc is nothing but big BULL CR@P. He can switch between Figo and Linea with ease, at 5' 11" and says gel with the machine before commenting. He was a Hyundai fan but hates it now to the core. Maruti he never liked :)
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 17, 2016 ---
    @prabhjot -- Now that they are focusing on Jeep, don't you think that they should offer Avventura Abarth in 4X4 just to test the market for something like 500X? And one AT version for Linea and Avventura? Not much from investment POV.
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
    Turbothinghy, prabhjot and amitshedha like this.
  6. acechip

acechip Superiore

There is one basic problem with this thrust on semi-urban/rural areas. The Avventura rides on relatively low profile tyres (205/55R16), more suited for slick city/highway roads. The rural areas need a higher profile rubber with a ratio of 65 or more, which makes it a little bit more wear-resistant.
    Navneet and rusticnomad like this.
  7. ksdr

ksdr Timido

Vijayawada
    All that Fiat needs is an AMT Punto and a well calibrated electric power steering. The aam junta who are not buying Fiats is because in today's urban environment these two are a must. Where do we get good winding roads to enjoy the purity of hydraulic power steering. The added bonus will be lesser lag and better mileage in city.
  8. acechip

acechip Superiore

I would take a proper, torque converter AT or a Dual Clutch AT over some half-baked AMT any day. Personally, I find the light power steering a bit irritating, especially while parking. You never get a sense of the turns required to complete a parallel parking.Parking was so much better in the non assisted/hydraulic assisted cars in the earlier times!
    prabhjot and rusticnomad like this.
  9. rusticnomad

rusticnomad Amatore

Indore
    Indore
    Linea T-Jet
    I can never stand the EAS. Feels like playing video game. This is one reason that Ecosport has never been in consideration for me and current generation of figo is ruined too. So, IMHO, FIAT should never go that route.

In marketing, there's always a huge market for anything that doesn't exist. Saying this as a former Production head of a steel plant. As long as we didn't make leaded quality free cutting steel, marketing dept used to rant that we are missing opportunities. When we started making it, all the huge demand disappeared. Same for boron CHQ, LCCHQ, stainless steel etc etc :)
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
  10. ksdr

ksdr Timido

Vijayawada
    Agree on the hydraulic steering feel part but hasn't Fiat moved to EPS in its European Punto. Also the same for BMW which was known for its steering feel moved to EPS and still manages to woo the enthusiast. I believe an EPS makes sense in India where the average speed is 20kmph and with a belt driven hydraulic system we end up with a lethargic engine.And as far as AMT goes Fiat is using it in its flagship model Fiat 500 in India need we say more.
    prabhjot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.