1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Royal Enfield

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by rajeev_pillai, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

No Chetu all are stock parts only. I think the lid comes with a chain internally so that you cannot remove that lid & run away with it.
    1 person likes this.
  2. I was about to book a TB500 but after seeing plight of so many people and RE doing nothing to resolve the issues, I decided not to go with the booking.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

People on tbhp are reading plugs incorrectly so god help them with tuning their carbs.

RE did take steps to correct the issue. The initial batch was running way too lean and that has been rectified as far as i know.

If you're spending close to 2 lacs on a bike, there must be a better option out there than these RE's.
  4. rags086

rags086 Timido

I want to take a plunge to buy RE TB350, but sadly waiting period is putting me off. However, my persistence is not letting me give-up every time i imagine owning the beast :-D

Trying to find out through freinds, if someone has booked and do not want to go ahead and willing to transfer the booking. I have noticed on forums, quite a few have booked and later changed thier mind. Am also looking at option to source it from other cities for a lesser waiting period. Hoping to get lucky!!!
  5. You summed it up nicely.
  6. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Please look at all bikes within 2 lacs before buying a RE. Honda CBR 250 is a good buy, all fiber but more reliable, faster and current technology.
    2 people like this.
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Now, I Own Two Most Bashed Branded Products In India!

Yesterday, I became the proud owner of two most bashed branded products in India! :) At last, I got my dream bike last evening after patiently waiting for 5 months. Here is my Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 Twilight, when I did PDI at Chennai Mandaiveli RTO yesterday afternoon. Earlier, I paid the balance money by way of demand draft to Royal Enfield Brand Store, Chennai and furnished all the necessary documents and 5 passport-sized photographs for registration on 12 April 2013 [Friday], but did not sign the RTO papers. I told them, I will see, inspect the bike and then only, sign the RTO papers, to which the sales manager agreed.

17 people like this.
  8. JRavi sir,

congratulations, rear part of new TB looks like some Harley.Are you also going for leather side bags?
    1 person likes this.
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Thanks, Sat-Chit-ananda. I have not yet decided on leather bag. But, my TB500 will have a new crash-guard designed for TBs in a day or two, followed by embossed smart registration number plates. :)

Thanks a lot, Ramesh.
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2013