1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Royal Enfield

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by rajeev_pillai, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Guys,

Im actually inclined towards buying a new Royal enfield & I'm really confused between choosing a Thunderbird 500cc or classic Dessert Storm.....original Classic bullet looks & colour are the only 2 things over & above thunderbird which I like about Dessert storm whereas I'm preferring Thunderbird 500 for its looks & features (Tachometer, Rear disc brake, Projector lamp with Angel eye & Fuel gauge) + the waiting period for thunderbird is less (expected delivery: December end for Thunderbird & Mid Feb for Dessert storm). All these mentioned features are not present in any other Bullet.

Among the two which one do you guys think is better on the basis of looks, comfort, Royal enfield feel etc. I know these new Royal Enfields are not close to the earlier generation bullets, they don't really give you that Royal enfield feel.

Guys please Advice me which one should I go in for

Waiting for your replies
  2. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    For all you Royal Enfield Fans

This is one of my friend's 1957 RE restored. He had managed to bring it's traditional look by collecting & using some brass items which were there in the original ones.

1-001.jpg
    2-001.jpg
    3-001.jpg
    4-001.jpg
    5-001.jpg
    6-001.jpg
    7-001.jpg
    8-001.jpg
    9-001.jpg

It's 'Miles /Hr"

10-001.jpg
    11-001.jpg
    7 people like this.
  3. Why the front drum is so small for some old Bullets ? or does it have a drum its self?
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    The choice is completely personal. I like the Desert Storm look more and that too with the solo seat.

- - - Merged Post - - -

34808d1354160184-royal-enfield-8-001.jpg

Cinju, ask your friend to block this fitting. The one at the top of the picture just in front of the carb.

Ideally it is connected by a pipe to the airbox. Since your friend has the older style airbox, so there's no provision of fitting a pipe.
    1 person likes this.
  5. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    I knew it...Thanks Guru for the comment. I was surely expecting one from you :). Even my friend was wondering what it was for. I have asked him to block it. His original carb was spoiled by some other mechanic.
  6. Finally booked RE Thunderbird 500 today & the delivery is expected by end of December....:)
    3 people like this.
  7. Congrats buddy..wat is the final on road?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
  8. Thanx bro...on road price is Rs 176000 Approx (Delhi registration)
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  9. Congratulations,btw owner of the RE is also Siddharth Lal:)