1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Royal Enfield

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by rajeev_pillai, Oct 9, 2011.

1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    I test-rode a TBTS 500 a few days back. I found that there was no difference in the braking efficiency between the rear disc brake of TBTS 500 and the drum brake of my son's Classic 500. When asked about it, the sales guy informed that they deliberately tweaked it so that riders would not skid and fall down, which was the case before tweaking! I took that statement with a pinch of salt. Secondly, while I liked the rider's seat comfort of TBTS 500 compared to Classic 500, my wife liked the pillion seat of Classic 500 more than that of TBTS 500.:) The sales guy also informed me that there was no warranty for stony black [matte finish] shade and pointed a sticker pasted on the petrol tank, which said so. The waiting period in Bangalore: 4 months for TBTS 500 and 6 months for TBTS 350 [Rs 40 k less than TBTS 500 - except the engine, all others are the same].
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    RE may or may not have satsified the purists. But they have surely satisfied the sale registers!
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Today, I visited Royal Enfield Brand Store at Besant Nagar, Chennai, test-rode a Thunder Bird 500 and booked it in Twilight Black [bluish black] by paying Rs 5,000 in cash. The on-road price in Chennai is Rs 1.78 lakh with a waiting period of 4 months.
    6 people like this.
  4. harry_1407

harry_1407 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Ravi sir, did you get a chance to test drive desert Strom

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    I test-rode DS when it was launched; my son booked it and later, bought Classic 500 Black instead, due to delay in supplies of DS in Bangalore.
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    congrats J Ravi sir :):) will the bike be in chennai or you will get it to bangalore? how about a ride to leh next year ?
    1 person likes this.
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks, shams. My TBTS 500 will be in both Bangalore and Chennai as I would be frequently doing inter-city riding. Yes, I will plan Himalayan expedition after I get acquainted with the bike.:)
    1 person likes this.
  8. Let me introduce our Bull. It's a 1962 model, single owner recently acquired and fully restored. This is my BIL's latest acquisition ;)

DSC_0449.jpg

DSC_0441.jpg
    5 people like this.
  9. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    Good news!! congrats Ravi sir..

only a few ppl have the heart like yours!! Must bow down to your family as well as they share the same crazy head/heart like yours :shocked. Do post your himalayan expedition travellogue. I also want to try this RE's Himalayan Expedition.. Not sure when but surely do once

That restoration work is spectacular.. :up
    3 people like this.
  10. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks a lot, Pauleralil, for the wishes.
    Actually, I suggested my son to go in for Honda CBR250ABS after I test-rode it. But, bought C500!:)
    1 person likes this.