1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Royal Enfield

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by rajeev_pillai, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    I have had an experience with on my visit to chennai from Bangalore. My RPM was going up even while idling.. He taught me how to maintain the bike, ride and even how to switch off the bike..

He is an excellent mechanic.. Planning to send my bike to him for a complete overhaul maybe by year end...Do you have his contact number. I lost them
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Correction: that's my son's Classic 500 Black Bull. I am eagerly waiting for RE TBTS 500.;)
    1 person likes this.
  3. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore

Yes sir!! noted.. RE TBTS 500.. thats awesome. front and rear disc, neat styling.. fantabulous choice ::T
    1 person likes this.
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    are you aware of muneer from shivajinagar! old timers swear by his expertise on cast iron engines. people tell that he is the only guy in bangalore who can open CI engine into pieces and then put everything back !
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  5. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    No Shams.. I have no idea.. I used to give my bike at RE Service center near Jayadeva hospital until early this year and now i have found out a workshop run by mechs who used to work in RE Service center. I knew those guys from mid 2011.. gave my bike for service 3 weeks back.. i am satisfied with their work..

With the RE Service center, I was okay but i felt they did give the attention my 07 model CI required. They were all behind the new classics and TB's :( hence i decided to move out from RE SC....
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    yes the Brand Store SC near shoppers stop in BTM is quite good compared to other RE authorized SCs
  7. Ravi Sir,

please go through Bullet ownership thread by Randwa in TeamBHP , Randwa has pointed out few short comings of the bike some are easy to fix for some there are no fix at present.
    1 person likes this.
  8. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks, Sat-Chit-ananda. My son is enjoying his daily ride in his Classic 500 Black Bull, which has already completed two free services. Almost all the issues have been sorted out in the new 2012 models.
    1 person likes this.
  9. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    Did you/your son test ride the Std 350 while contemplating your buy of Classic 500.. Did you find any particular difference other than power?

How different is the ride quality when compared to Std 350.. My friend opted out of Classics and went for the Std just bcoz of the ride quality ( bcoz of the heavy crank i guess).. I have not TD'ed the new gen RE's..
  10. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    We both test-rode both Electra 350 and Classic 500 and chose the later. Extra power and front disc brake tilted the balance in favour of the later.:)