1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Royal Enfield

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by rajeev_pillai, Oct 9, 2011.

1. PranavOne

PranavOne Amatore

Chennai
    Oh Good Congrats Rajeev, I too planned to change my Standard's colour to Desert Strom and make him look like Classic Boy but unfortunately I sold him because of 2012 Punto
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
  2. ArunJavgal

ArunJavgal

@Agree with gurjinder, I have used old thunderbird for 4 years and and electra for 1.5 years and now I have 350 std, I am very happy with 350 std compared to other bikes. if you are OK with used bike go for 350 std. New RE 350CC bikes (TB or classic or electra or std all are having almost same engin) are good and easy to maintain but as Gurjinder said it is like riding a spender 350 CC :) , 500 fuel injection system is not so perfect but RE claim that they have fixed the issue now.. if you are a RE fan then you can join Royal Indians - Enfield Owners Club RE owners club you will get to know riders experience also here.
    1 person likes this.
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Myself and my son brought the bull to the stable just a few hours ago.
    DSC05755.jpg
    DSC05761.jpg
    The date of manufacture is 02 March 2012. The bike was washed, polished and handed over to us.
    DSC05763.jpg
    DSC05766.jpg
    My son paid Rs 1,64,815 totally.
    DSC05771.jpg
    DSC05772.jpg
    When I started the bike, fuel warning lamp did not lit. After driving some distance, it started flickering every now and then. So, went to IOC petrol pump on Lalbagh Road and had petrol for Rs 500. Straightaway, went to Sandhya Auto Spares at J C Road and had a diamond crash bar [Paramount brand] costing Rs 580 including fitting. The dealer quoted Rs 1100 for the same!
    DSC05778.jpg
    Many heads turned, enquiries made and smiles received enroute.:) It was sheer pleasure to ride the bull even in the evening peak hour traffic. Because of huge torque [41.3 Nm @ 4000 rpm] available on tap, I could easily ride the bull in the third and fourth gear most of the time in the congested areas of Bangalore like J C Road, K G Road, City Railway Station, Rajajinagar entrance, etc.
    1 person likes this.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Congrats. The 500 should be a nice thumper. I once saw a disassembled UCE 500 engine at the Agency and the bore and crank were truly impressive in size!

Can you confirm whether it has a O[SUB]2[/SUB] sensor in the exhaust? It was the most talked of point when the UCE 500 was launched. That how could an EFI system work without an O[SUB]2[/SUB] sensor. Had me puzzled too. :confused::(

Cheers.
    1 person likes this.
  5. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Talking of Royal enfields.
    Here is my prized possesion,with the Fiat of course:)
    ff.jpg
    4 people like this.
  6. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Gurjinder,CL500 comes without an O2 sensor,IMHO most commonly known as Open loop FI,as it doesnot adjust to AF ratio on its own,and has to be done manually
    1 person likes this.
  7. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Guys, my Thunderbird is almost 3 years old. I gave it for service today to a local mechanic for the first time as I have never been impressed with the service at Enfield Service Centers. I have kinda ignored it since I got my Punto in Early March and I noticed today that the Engine Oil was dangerously low and the front fork Oil was leaking.

Anyway, after spending some time with my bike today; the dormant feelings came back & I now want to do some mods to the bike. For those of you from Chennai, do let me know who can help me in Chennai with these and others can contribute with their knowledge on "Bullets".

1. Change the rear tyre to a bigger tyre. What are my options in terms of size and brand? I don't care about fuel efficiency etc.
    2. Need a new seat cover but something different from the stock. Are any available Online or in GP road?
    3. What are the best silencer options for a Thunderbird for a louder thump at Idle? (I replaced the Pulsar sounding stock silencer at delivery to a retro but it could be louder)
    4. Full Chrome Number plate

Also, somewhere down the line I would want to buy an old school Standard 350 with the cast iron engine and the neutral finder and the gears on the correct side of the bike and the legendary thump :devilface
    Does RE plan to bring these back into production or I will have to scout for one in the used bike market? I strongly believe that the Bullets are divided into two categories - The Cast Iron Standard 350 and everything else. The Electras and Machismos do not amuse me. And I don't want an Enfield with Fuel Injection as that would like driving another computer in addition to my Fiat :mrgreen: Jokes part, I need the carburetor and the spark plugs instead of computers in my Enfield.

I gave the bike today to a guy who runs "Peter Autos" in Velacherry, Chennai for a thorough service. Some thumping is due as soon as I get it back!

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

No, it doesn't. The only thing better than a UCE is a cast Iron. However, do not degrade RE to the level of a Splendor.
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
    2 people like this.
  8. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Chennai Bulls: I need some details of who can do the mods. Anybody ha any experience with Jaff in Pudupet? I heard he's the best but expensive.
  9. PranavOne

PranavOne Amatore

Chennai
    Hi Relativity,
    Seshan is one of the best Enfield Mechanic in Chennai, His service centre is @ Velacherry to Taramani link road. He would like to teach us if we wish to know more about technical details, I have his contact details, Please do a PM if you wish.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    fiat'ians love Bullet.. don't they

Seeing Gurjinder Electra and J Ravi sir's Classic 500 i just felt that i am in the right pack:) and I come in with THE BEAST
    DSCN2760.jpg
    Stock model
    03122011697.jpg
    Upgraded to Disk brakes

Tripping done:

Calicut- Muzhipilangadi Beach - Calicut
    Calicut - Wayanad (edakal caves) - Calicut
    Bangalore - Mysore - Ooty - Bangalore
    Bangalore - Chennai -Bangalore

Smaller trips
    Kochi - Kottayam - Kochi
    Kochi - Allepey - Kochi