1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Royal Enfield

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by rajeev_pillai, Oct 9, 2011.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Anoop is that yours?
    Awesome. Butch looks. Pure business , no nonsense approach.

And i'm surprised about the Gas shocks experience. I thought they really were better than the oil ones.
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Royal Enfield Classic 500 Black

My son is getting his Royal Enfield Classic 500 Black on Monday [12 March 2012]. He had booked for a Desert Storm on 26 November 2011 with a waiting period of 4 to 6 months. Yesterday, when he enquired, he was told that there is one CL500 black readily available. Today, self and my son visited the show-room, and then, their warehouse. The bike was fresh from the oven. The VIN contained the letters CC indicating March 2012 make.
    Image0073.jpg
    We checked the bike and okayed it. The salesman took a pencil mark of the VIN on the RTO forms. Nowadays, the bikes are not sent to RTO for registration, according to the salesman. The documents with pencil mark of VIN are sent to RTO. The registration number will be available after 3 days or so and the RC in smart card after 3 months or so.
    Image0077.jpg
    Image0078.jpg
    We then went to the nearest Axis Bank branch, took a demand draft in favour of the dealer and submitted it to the dealer. So, my son will be getting his favourite bike in his favourite colour well before 4 months after all!:)
    5 people like this.
  3. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I own a TBTS for about 2.5 years now. I have tried all their bikes including the classic 350 and 500. I personally feel the seating position and comfort is way better on TBTS than on other models. However, I could use those additional 150 CC on a 500, be it Thunderbird or Classic.
    If I were to buy an Enfield now, I would buy a Standard 350 with the Cast Iron engine with gears on the right side and the neutral finder. Absolute delight. Hard to get a good one in the used market though.
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  4. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hello sir,
    Saw ur post in xbhp abt the booking. But i must say that DS is worth waiting. That is what i am doing right now.

Rajeev

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks, rajeev_pillai. At the time of booking, we were told that black colour in any model had the maximum waiting period [8 to 10 months] and the DS the least [4 to 6]. So, DS was booked. Today, while discussing with the show-rooms guys, we were told that DS would be made available to my son by this month end positively. But, he preferred black now. BTW, the booking advance is now Rs 5,000 instead of Rs 1,000 that was in vogue in November 2011.
    Even, I am missing that friendly feature. I don't know, why the neutral finder was discontinued in the UCE models.
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  6. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Yes sir, i too paid 5000 rs as booking amount and the waiting period is around 8 months.

Rajeev

1 person likes this.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Congratulations Ravi Sir.

Yes, the ones who were brought up on older Bullets cannot live without the "neutral finder". Infact, i use the neutral finder to downshift from 4th to 3rd-2nd as well . Much easier and feels kinda cool too. :p

Cheers.
    2 people like this.
  8. PranavOne

PranavOne Amatore

Chennai
    Hi Rajeev, I owned 1989 Model Standard my friend having UCE TB in Chennai but he feels its very difficult to ride TB in bumber to bumber city traffic but in my case I didn't found any difficulty. I would suggest go for 350 classic.

Note: My friend has 6.3 inches tall
  9. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2

Hi pranav,
    Sorry for not posting the update. I have booked classic 500 desert storm and decided to keep my unicorn.

Rajeev

10. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks, gurjinder. The new generation RE bikes don't have that small de-compressor lever too. Now, it is automatic.