1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Royal Enfield

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by rajeev_pillai, Oct 9, 2011.

1. naruf1

naruf1 Amatore

Namma Bengaluru
    Agreed, even in Pune the 500 cc waiting period was around a week, when I was planning to go for it during September last year. It is the 350 cc that takes time.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Blue Bird's First Birthday

Today, my Blue Bird celebrates her first birthday silently in her hibernation in absentia as I am 350 km away. But, the good news is, I will be reunited in few days and take her for another long ride to a hill station. 001_smile.gif

DSC09506.jpg

MyTrips.jpg

During this one year, Blue Bird covered all the south Indian states and UT, viz., Tamil Nadu, Pondicherry, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Kerala. Except one puncture, that too at a toll plaza, Blue Bird has not given me any problem at all during our long rides. I am thankful to my Blue Bird and wish her many more happy returns of the day and many more trouble-free long rides in the days to come. Clapping.gif
    10 people like this.
  3. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
    Happy birthday to ur blue bird :)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  4. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ J Ravi Sir, do you ride alone in your blue bird or Madam also accompanies you?. After a long period of rest to my bullet I successfully started it this sunday. My battery was fully discharged. This time I charged my battery differently using solar panel. I have got a 10 W 12 V solar panel. I charged it for two days. The first day I got around 11.8 V and the next day I got around 12.6 V. Initially I suspected the spark plug and also bought a new one. But when checked on connecting the battery I saw sparks in the gap of the spark plug. Tried starting the bullet and it came to life after four or five tries only. Felt happy.

But i am facing a slight issue with my bullet. I think the charging circuit is not working properly. When the bullet is running I can see that the needle in the ammeter goes more than normal to the positive side. Also, the horn is not working if the light system is swithced on. After switching on the lights and the Head light the needle in the ammeter is just towards the positive side. Will try to trouble shoot. Anybody any guidance regarding this issue?
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
    rajeev_pillai and J Ravi like this.
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    I ride solo during all my mega long rides. My wife is my pillion during rides within the city and small rides upto 300 km.

Me and Blue Bird were reunited at 4:10 am on 18 April 2014. After unloading and photographing the multi-information display of my XUV500, I tried electric-starting Blue Bird, but in vain. The battery icon started flashing on the instrument cluster. As expected, Blue Bird did not start after hibernating for more than a month. Frustration.gif After 3 unsuccessful trials, Blue Bird started moaning. I had a wash and refreshed myself. Then, I kick-started Blue Bird with choke. She tried to roar, but changed her mind. The second kick brought her chirping back, which was music to my ears. Then, I rode on Blue Bird for a spin on Dr Radhakrishnan Road in the early hours of the day so that she would become fully charged. Later, I electric-started twice successfully. I have taken up this matter with Royal Enfield although Blue Bird is out of warranty. Let me see what happens.
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
    2 people like this.
  6. Hats off Ravi sir and help your Bird to fly in other Indian states . . .:)

I need your help to understand the bike sitting position for long drive. I traveled 400-500kms using Thunderbird 350. I'm feeling comfort in many aspects except sitting position . . . I tried different position, still i'm finding uncomfortable after 200kms driving. kindly give your suggestion.
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks, Aadikesh.

I sit in upright position with both the thighs hugging the tank. I could ride non-stop for 5 hours over 300 km before taking the first break.
    2 people like this.
  8. Thats great Ravi Sir . . .I use to take short break for every 100kms. I will try the suggestion
    1 person likes this.
  9. ashish.r.shinde@gmail.com

ashish.r.shinde@gmail.com Amatore

Vadodara , Nashik
    Vadodara , Nashik
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Booked 500 CC Standard Bullet today :dance .... Expected in next 3 months time.. Long waiting period :(
    3 people like this.
  10. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats ashish!! Where's the first trip planned!! :)
    1 person likes this.