1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Royal Enfield

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by rajeev_pillai, Oct 9, 2011.

1. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Bullet 350cc is more than enough for the thump and ego. Long lasting pocket friendly.

500 or 499cc precisely is just a bit of extravaganza with a tad bit of extra power at the cost of fuel consumption.

I opted for 500cc carb which was a tough decision as I already have a 220cc Avenger, a commute bike in cruiser disguise.
  2. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Suggest me a good full face helmet please.
    Bullet500 .
  3. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Fiat Enthusiast
    For the bullet enthusiasts in Delhi, Royal Enfield launches it's lifestyle and branding store.
    Do view the 'gallery' in the below link.

http://royalenfield.com/saket/

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  4. ashish.r.shinde@gmail.com

ashish.r.shinde@gmail.com Amatore

Vadodara , Nashik
    Vadodara , Nashik
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If you want to go for original stock condition then i would suggest you directly procure the fuel Tank from showroom itself , as it will give you the original hand-crafted gold lines on it ... rest of the things you can get it painted at your local garage . I have taken complete Std. kit ( Fuel tank + headlight casing + fron and rear mudgaurd + tool box panel ) from showroom . It took 2 months tough for delivery of this kit from Company. It costed me around 25 to 28 K something ...
    This was done in year 2010 .Now price may have increased.
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
  5. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Given my bike for first service.Local Bullet service center is lower than Pathetic.Attitude they show is out of world, Pretty bad experience I must say.it is second day and they are unable to refill engine oil and return the machine.They asked 10 days prior booking for 3 day old bike.(I said within 10 days It will cover 2000km for which they agreed to accept it for servicing)

Can I do the servicing on my own,does it affect the guaranty or warranty ?

Bullet owners advice please.

Bullet.jpg
  6. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    A brief Review on my Bull500:

Taming the Bull began on 14th march 2014,My first bullet ride.

First feeling was- "This sounds familiar,yup,when I boarded a Piaggio Ape` Autorikshaw...more like a diesal engine than a long throw petrol piston..ghhrrr ghrrr ghrr......ghrr ghrr" No more thump.

Well built,Built like a GUN...Dhishkyaon!!.

I always hated bullet for its poor fit and finish but from this point I started to admire RE,they improved dramatically.

Brings more smile when I see less welding and more nuts ,Welcome sign for Nutty enthusiasts like me.

Good Brakes. Not world class but far better than what I would expect.

Awesome Headlamps, night riding was easy.intensity could beat some car's.

Double horn,loud!!! :)

Pulls like a Loco engine though not so happy on low revvs for which Bullet is famous for.

A very good gear box (compared to my Bajaj Avenger's).

Stable on straight line cruise.Perfect long tourer.
    Amp meter is nice touch with some modern electrical features included.

CONS:
    Bad Service centre.Felt like being dropped from Fiat Heaven to junkyard hell for committing some serious sin. Maybe God wants me to learn how good Fiat service is.

The weight: It is Heavy.as heavy as any military grade equipment.I could feel various forces acting at multiple points.

Maneuvering in slow speed < 30 is pain,My arms and shoulder aches,I feel feverish:( .

Bloody ViBRATIONS in slow speeds.within first 200km ride,my fingers and bum went numb.

Lack of Fuel gage.Now I am more concerned about fuel level than enjoying my travel.
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
    4 people like this.
  7. L0dest0ne

L0dest0ne Novizio

New Delhi
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks Ashish! I am not looking to change the petrol tank though. Just get it repainted.
  8. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Not a happy person after 750km of riding bullet.....Sigh sigh!!!!

1. Engine oil is leaking,through the gear lever and sides

2. They kept it for three days to fix the oil leak,still it is leaking

3. Chrome coat on Handle bar peeling off.

4.Seat tearing apart by stitches ,they fixed it with super glue. :mad:
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
  9. puneet mehra

puneet mehra Amatore

What the hell give them a punch bro..any way oil leaking is a trademark in Enfield...welcome to club bro going to take delivery of Electra on this Thursday...

Sent from my HTC Desire C using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  10. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    When speedo climbs upto 75-80..everything is forgotten..What a masterpiece it is!

Unable to believe that we India had such an awesome bike since last 50+ years.
    1 person likes this.