1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Royal Enfield

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by rajeev_pillai, Oct 9, 2011.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Really different bikes. If you are into the whole "cruiser" scene, Thunderbird it should be.

Otherwise the Green Bullet 500 looks really nice as a retro machine. And with a carburetor you have one less hassle on your head. RE has good and long experience with the carburetor and you can tweak the carb as per your riding conditions. Having said that, RE has pretty much handled the initial niggles of the EFI on Indian bikes. But still they are not giving us an O2 sensor - so that's still a negative for me.

I'd pick the Green Bullet 500 personally or if going for EFI - the Desert Storm.

Cheers.
    1 person likes this.
  2. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks Gurjinder.

Me neither confident on long run reliability of EFI.

Going to book Bullet 500 carb,let me check what colours they have. All I saw is "different shades of Black:mad:"

Regards
    1 person likes this.
  3. gurjinder

Punjab
    Good to hear, mate. :)

I see they have a new color for this model: Forest Green. Seems to be a derivative of the legendary "British Racing Green" color.

Go for it. Don't get the black Bullet. I'm not sure if Bullet 500 carby is even available in black.

Here's the Forest Green 500

new-bullet-500-green-motorcycle-left-side-view-600x463.png
    1 person likes this.
  4. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I booked for the green,paid Rs.5000,wait begins.

Just one last thought,does Thunderbird has great enough dynamics and cornering capability compared to Bullet500 considering the new age technology ?

Am I going to miss something big time?
  5. gurjinder

Punjab
    Never had a ride of the Thunderbird so no comments. Regarding the Bullet 500, it uses the same old Bullet chassis so don't expect much dynamism out of it. Straight line cruising is it's forte.

If dynamism is a top concern - The Conti GT should be your bike :) But don't expect it to set the roads on fire.
  6. ashish.r.shinde@gmail.com

ashish.r.shinde@gmail.com Amatore

Vadodara , Nashik
    Vadodara , Nashik
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Gurjinder .. thinking to change my RE standard 350 CC (95 model) with the RE 500 Standard.. I know its not a wise decision , but give your opinion on this .
  7. anicaution

anicaution Amatore

Kolhapur
    Hi,

Booked RE Thunderbird 350.

Twillight Black.

Still thinking...to be or not to be...with CLASSIC 500

Any advice?

Anicaution
  8. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    Everyone has their own choice...

If I was you... I would have opted for Royal Enfield GT... 2nd choice would have been classic dessert storm color and third choice would have been thunderbird...

Cheers...

Neel

Sent from my PUNTO using Tapatalk
  9. L0dest0ne

L0dest0ne Novizio

New Delhi
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hello everyone! Sorry to go a little off track, but I have a query regarding getting a paint job on Bullets.

My 'Old Man' is a 14 yr old 350cc Enfield (Standard) and am looking to give it a new paint job along with engine buffing. Need the following tips:

- What additional work can I get done? The Old Man is running as well as he has, except for an occassional blip in cold starts. I have so far stuck to the original looks.
    - Can someone recommend a good place in Delhi for this?
    - What would the cost be like?
    - I am a little confused on the colour, should I go matt black including rims et al or restore the Old Man to its original standard condition. So open to suggestions on that as
    well :)

Thanks in advance!
  10. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    A few weeks back, I observed chrome layer peeled off at some places on my Blue Bird's crash-guard.

WP_20140220_009.jpg

Yesterday, I rode to Quality Metal Indutries and showed it to Rizwan Ahmed from whom I bought the crash-guard on 17 April 2013. He remembered me, arranged for removal of the crash-guard from the bike and asked me to come today. I called him in the afternoon and he confirmed that it was ready. I rode there and got it fitted. The entire unit was re-electro-plated and the crash-guard looked shining and brand new. There is no trace of exposed metallic surface. The entire work was done free of cost. I am thankful to Quality Metal Industries for their prompt action. Clapping.gif

A.jpg

B.jpg

C.jpg

Now, my Blue Bird enjoys the fully-covered comfortable nest. smile.gif

IMG_1235.jpg
    2 people like this.