1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Royal Enfield

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by rajeev_pillai, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Nice choice .. i don't see silencer in the pic have you removed it or its hidden what mods you plan to do on it..
    1 person likes this.
  2. anoop

anoop Superiore

@Sat - that pic is not of my bike - it was a random pic from net to show the color. I am attaching few pics, please excuse the quality :( (Horrible Mobile cam). About Mods - yeah, there will be some mods, but I am not sure what they are going to be. I will ride the bike for some time and will decide what mods needs to be done. Mostly, I will change the silencer.
    Yeah bro - the bike looks really good with single seat, but if I make my bike single seat, my home ministry will raise another storm ;)

@sat: Thanks for the input bro, will keep that in mind.

@Surya: That was a random pic from net and the bike in the pic have the upswept exhaust from factory.

IMG_20131111_201202.jpg

IMG_20131111_201218.jpg

IMG_20131111_201234.jpg
    2 people like this.
  3. Many of people I know used Mseal and it worked fine, but replace filter to new one before you try.It is know issue with RE but they refuse to change the design.
    You may also want to get some anti rust treatment done, as welded joints are known to rust in Bangalore weather.
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    congratulation anoop and welcome to the club.
    1 person likes this.
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Got the oil changed of my CI engined Electra yesterday - after nearly 3 years :evilsmile. But it ran only around 500 or so km's in those 3 years.

Now running on Shell Rimula R3X 15W40 and the engine is feeling pretty refreshed and quieter.

Cheers.
  6. anoop

anoop Superiore

Mseal and Bullet goes hand in hand - I always carry a pack of Mseal when ever I tour on my bullets ;)

Thanks satish - been a member of the club for almost 9 years now :)

Wow, I am sure your engine must be happy. CI can take a lot of abuse and can run on any engine oil, so i am not surprised to know that the bike did not complain about not changing oil for 3 years. I have even ran my CI on Lal Ghoda and the bike never complained. I am not sure what engine oil is in my bike now (The bike underwent a service almost 15 days before I took over), but I plan to change the oil after I do another 1000 KM or so.
  7. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Anoop i was referring to the both FIAT & Royal Enfield owners club.:-D
    1 person likes this.
  8. anoop

anoop Superiore

:) That will be almost 3.2 years now, bro.
    This is currently the second bull in my Garage @ bangalore (Punto, Honda Unicorn, RE STD 350 and now, RE Sandstorm). I know I am crazy, he he :p
  9. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    My bad i totally missed your signature. so i take back my welcome and only congratulations.............::D
    1 person likes this.
  10. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Bullet dilemma :I am torn apart between Thunderbird500 and Bullet500.

Thunderbird 500's EFI is bit of worry for me,many people are suggesting me to stay away from electronic bullet and opt for Carburetor i.e Bullet500.

Showroom has TBD350 (carb) only so my test drive report in brief.

Thunderbird felt little bit smoother and much comfortable compared to standard 500,moreover the additional features is awesome especially the rear disc brakes.

Thunderbird 350 was smooth and vibrations were very less against classic 500 which shook my butt like earthquake at higher rpms.

They said EFi has a critical requirement, which is 3 litre of fuel in tank otherwise bike would need to be hospitalized.scary,Ya!

Cons of thunderbird350: No Bullet looks,awkward headlamp,ugly exhaust pipe,weird brake pedal position(my foot got stuck into crash guard twice),Panels rattling,short power .
    Pros: Smoooooooth (far better than standard500).

Cons of Classic500:High vibrations,High and flat seats My legs would barely reach the floor (5'7").
    Pros:Real Bullet feel,good power;I liked.

I prefer keep it simple and comfortable ride,as usual.

I am supposed to book one tomorrow i.e saturday (today).

Please advice .
    Regards

- - - Merged Post - - -

Yup old one sometimes confuses me if I am riding a music system.