1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Royal Enfield

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by rajeev_pillai, Oct 9, 2011.

1. anoop

anoop Superiore

Just finished a deal for a 2013 model pre worshipped RE Sandstorm (500 CC UCE engine). This is going to be my first tryst with UCE engine. Will post more details and pictures once I get the beauty in my hands.
    3 people like this.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Congrats Anoop. Eagerly waiting to hear your impression of the 500cc UCE :) The Desert Storm painjob is pretty sweet.
    1 person likes this.
  3. anoop

anoop Superiore

Got the bike last Saturday - the bike is almost new, have done only around 2500 KM till now.

First impressions:

Positives:
    loads of torque, the bike pulls like a locomotive and cruises lazily.
    I was not able to find any oil leaks
    The paint job is neat.

Cons:
    Still lot of false neutrals, I do not feel any improvement in gear box
    At any speed above 60, the RVMs are useless - it vibrates so badly that you can’t make out what is behind you (this may be because my bike have an aftermarket handlebar - just giving RE a benefit of doubt here)
    Sound - too clunky. I think I should change the silencer to a Goldstar type.

Will do a more detailed impression and a photo shoot once I put some decent miles.
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    congrats anoop :)!
    RVM problem is generic to REs. My 2008 TBTS also has this problem. What is different in your aftermarket handlebar though? is it that lightning type one?
    Your bike doesnt have upswept silencer? i think that one sounds good enough inspite of being direct from factory!
    1 person likes this.
  5. What colour it is? Please post some pictures.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi Anoop, Congratulations for your RE what colour it is please post some pics..
    1 person likes this.
  7. anoop

anoop Superiore

Yeah bro, it is a generic problem, but I was under the (false) impression that RE may have fixed the problem in new models :( No, it is not a lightning type handlebar - It looks almost similar to the original handlebar, but have reduced height. And no, my bike do not have the upswept ilencer - it have the standard silencer.

@Sat and Surya: RE Sandstorm comes in only one color. I am attaching a picture from the internet to give you an idea. Will sure post pics - sorry for the delay.

RE_Classic_Desert_Storm_04.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  8. Looks pretty good,any modifications planned?
    1 person likes this.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    The DS is one modern Enfield I really like, just for the way it looks especially with the solo seat.:up
    1 person likes this.
  10. Please use some sort of sealant at the airfilter opening hinges,air gets in by passing the filter there.
    1 person likes this.