1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Royal Enfield

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by rajeev_pillai, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Can't I just buy the oil if somebody knows the brand and grade to be used? I want to fill it up DIY.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Firstly, congrats. You have what many guys in Punjab consider the best model ever built by Enfield.

2. Check charging voltage.

3. Confirm timing + correct spark plug. 9/10 old bullets are running on incorrect spark plugs. I was too till I found out the correct one - Mico W145Z1. Get it from the agency. Pinging is not good. Also see if carb is clean and there are no air leaks from carb to engine.

4. Get new genuine throttle cable and see it is routed properly and has proper free-play when throttle is closed. Also check if carb slide is sticking or is badly scratched.. You should hear a "click" when you close the throttle. That's how i set mine.

These are ridiculously easy bikes to work on and 9/10 times you will do a better job than the mechanic on routine things. Once i set the carbs + chain adjustment myself on my Bullet, there was no looking back. The last nail in the coffin was when the mechanic set the chain so tight that i couldn't even move it by hand. Hasta La Vista, baby!

Cheers.
    1 person likes this.
  3. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Paaji truly speaking I was expecting your reply for my post much earlier. Anyways better late than never:D. Thank you very much paaji as only after seeing your bullet pics I dusted both my thought and my ride and backed up with good fortune got a good (till now) mechanic to bring back my ride. The credit goes to you partially and rest to your bullet.:mrgreen:.

I will check the timing and spark plug. The last time when i checked for the contact breaker i could see the carbon was completely worn out and i mentioned it to the mechanic also, don't know whether he had changed it or not as i did not check all those things after bringing my bullet back. I would say that i am still in an escalated mental state and every evening literally i would look for excuses to ride the bullet even if it's a KM or so.

Guys Whenever I think of doing some modifications like adding a K&N filter, changing the seat etc something stops me from inside saying that i should keep it in stock condition, don't know why. Thinking of starting a poll as to one should modify the bullet or keep it as stock.:rolleyes:
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Keep it bone stock and well tuned and it will outperform 90% of "modded" Bullets on the road running around with improper jetting and aftermarket filters + wrong spark plugs.

These engines only need little regular maintenance and will happily go miles and miles. One local Enfield has run 2,50,000 km's with only the piston rings.being changed.

Cheers.
  5. sachu888

sachu888 Novizio

Nasik
    Here it is my restored 1996 Bullet Standard.I recently bought it ans was on bad shape.It is still in my native place Gwalior.Posting few pics here

Before:
    dsc02415c.jpg

dsc02412b.jpg

After:
    dsc00009ji.jpg

dsc00008zs.jpg

dsc00003vz.jpg

dsc00002yyr.jpg

dsc00001pr.jpg

Regards,
    Sachin
    9 people like this.
  6. Looks very good after the restoration. But how big dent did it out in your pocket??

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  7. sachu888

sachu888 Novizio

Nasik
    75k total

Regards,
    Sachin
  8. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Was going to ask the same question as arnab.....sachu888 why didn't you go for a new bike?
  9. sachu888

sachu888 Novizio

Nasik
    The answer is simple.I don't like new Bullets.This Bullet cost me 75k in total which is still 40k less than new one.

Regards,
    Sachin
  10. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Old bullets are no where close to the new gen bullets.Given a chance i'll always love to have old standard 350cc in my stable.This is my personal opinion.