1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Royal Enfield

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by rajeev_pillai, Oct 9, 2011.

1. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    arnab,

Mine is a Bullet Machismo 350 1999 model. Ok. my bad i shouldn't have used the word "overhaul" the best word would be "service". There is no problem with the engine only some slight leak from the cylinder, may be worn out head gasket. I think my wiring needs to checked though i don't have any electrical issues but when i see the wires i get a feeling that it will fail anytime. Anyways had given to a mechanic for servicing. Should wait for 3-4 days before i can get it back.
    1 person likes this.
  2. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Made like a Gun !!!

IMG-20130602-00408.jpg
    4 people like this.
  3. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Yesterday i got my machismo back. Great job done by the mechanic. Loved the ride back to home, it was some 10 kms. Ride was smooth (after very long years) and lots of jobs done. some of them are:
    1. seats were changed (though i did not ask for it, but the seats were really in bad shape)
    2. painting jobs done in almost everywhere
    3. polishing of rims and chrome parts
    4. tank cleaning
    5. replaced battery cover
    6. changed cylinder head gasket
    7. replaced ignition key assembly
    etc
    Total dent to my pocket was Rs. 3025/-. Will post pictures soon.
    I rode with a ::D all the way back home and lots of heads turned towards us.
    1 person likes this.
  4. Wow we need to get our bikes serviced from your mechanic.That really csme out very cheap.
    Btw why did you change the ignition key assembly? ? Was there any start up problems??
    Did you even get the tool box lock changed?
    Where are the pics buddy? ?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  5. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    No arnab there was no starting problem. The key assembly was slipping during turning for ignition on. I did not mention it to him but he rectified it by himslef. Also so many problems he found out and changed. Hey changed only the ignition key assembly. Originally i had two set of keys one for the ignition and other for fork lock, fuel tank cap and tool box lock. He changed only the ignition key assembly only and the tool box and other assemblies are original. The the fuel cap lock also needs to be changed but its not so urgent and he told that when it will be changed at that time all the other locks will be changed. One more thing i forgot to mention, the saree guard had been removed and replaced with the fender.

Please wait till sunday as i want to expose the shining of my bullet due to sunlight and i will be free only on sunday. I am totally happy with the job done as i could not find rust that i usually see on my bullet, not even on the wheels.:-D
  6. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Guys here are the pictures of my "MACH(ism)O". Sorry for the poor quality pics taken with my phone. Also could not post "shining" pictures as the sun took a holiday for today:mrgreen:.

IMG_20130609_161131.jpg

IMG_20130609_161145.jpg

IMG_20130609_161205.jpg

IMG_20130609_161214.jpg

IMG_20130609_161230.jpg

IMG_20130609_161307.jpg

IMG_20130609_161322.jpg

IMG_20130609_161342.jpg
    5 people like this.
  7. The bike looks stunning, gr8 paint job.Man the sit looks super comfy,does your mechanic customize seats??

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  8. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    What is the small oil tank on top of the front brake lever that has red oil in it? My Thunderbird is suddenly showing this oil as almost empty.
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    That would be the brake fluid for your front disc brakes. Get it checked ASAP.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  10. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thank you arnab. I don't know whether he customize seats, I will find out from him the next time. Yeah the seat provides great comfort. In fact i was thinking of going for single seat but now I have dropped the idea. Still some issues are there to sort out.

1. Speedo not working.
    2. horn does not blow while running but in neutral its working.
    3. I can hear "pinging" sound.
    4. Accelerator cable not free, even after closing the throttle the engine RPM remains high need to push the cable down where it is connected with the carburetor.

Will sort out these one by one.
    1 person likes this.