1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Royal Enfield

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by rajeev_pillai, Oct 9, 2011.

1. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
  2. sachu888

sachu888 Novizio

Nasik
    1 person likes this.
  3. Hey guys I need your help, I want to install tbts 500 seat in classic 500, do you think it will gel well with the bike??
    Guys from bangalore can you please suggest good mod shops in and around bangalore?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  4. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    For my Bullet STD 350, i changed the seats and handle bar to that of Electra for cruising comfort and since i had plans to put up disc brakes, everything fell in place. :)

I am not an expert in this but i have a feeling that TBTS 500 seats may not be fit for C500. Have you seen any bike with this set up. I know a bullet mech who used to work with RE brand SC near Jayadeva. He opened his own bullet service a year back or so and since then i have never given my bullet at RE SC. He is a good guy and till date my experience have been satisfactory. His bullet shop is on opp to St. john Woods ( some 150-200 mts before prestige lexinton -oracle office) when you come from St. Johns Hospital side

His name is Krishna: 9916595715/8892641159

There are some others well know mechs in bangalore. you could get the details from the earlier posts in this thread on on Tbhp threads:)
    Last edited: May 8, 2013
  5. No doubt the tbts 500 seats are not direct fit to the classic 500, but I was thinking it shouldnt be much problems to make it fit as it comes w/o springs, this if carried out will make the bike comfotable for cruising.
    Yesterday did a short trip to airport and back covering some 90kms but the seats suck big time in this bike, people will end up having back pain and sore a**.

J.Ravi sir can you throw some light on the comfort of your bikes seat?? And do you think in anyway can it be fit into classic? I dont mind if some holes are drilled to make it hold in place.

6. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    After riding my son's Classic 500 for more than a year and my Thunderbird 500 for a few days, I can authoritatively state that Thunderbird's rider's seat comfort is matchless and far better than that of Classic 500, especially for long rides. But, my wife, who sits by keeping her both legs on one side, likes the pillion rider's seat comfort of Classic 500. But, my daughters, who sit keeping one leg on either side of the pillion seat, say that Thunderbird's pillion seat is much better than that of Classic 500! :) Thunderbird's seats are fixed on the base-plate with locking arrangement. Pull a string, the seat will pop out of the lock. So, instead of welding a base-plate just to fix the seat, I feel, you can get the seat modified to have the shape of Thunderbird's seat by stuffing cushion. Please contact the upholstery shops in JC Road/Lal Bagh Road near MTR. You can show the photo of Thunderbird's seat to the upholstery man so that it could be custom-made to suit your requirement. You can also contact Royal Enfield Zone, Karol Bagh, Delhi, who deal with different types of custom-made seats for Royal Enfields. Here is the link: Royal Enfield Zone - Seats for Royal Enfield Bullet, Electra, Machismo, Thunderbird, Standard :: Royal Enfield Zone, New Delhi, India
    Last edited: May 9, 2013
    2 people like this.
  7. Had a chat with Krishna as recommended by Pauleralil, he says tbts 500 seats can be fitted but need to change rear mudguard, stay, and drill some holes to make it fit, this job will set me back by 7-8k approx.But I seriously doubt will the outcome be awesome or ugly.

8. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    Just check this thread The Royal Enfield Mechanics Thread: All mechanics requirements and queries here. - Page 22 - Team-BHP
    I am pretty sure there would be good guys specializing in alterations which you require. I would suggest you check with as many mechanics as possible before u decide to do any.

EOD you dont want to spoil the ride.
  9. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Yahooooooooooo! Yesterday i got my RE Machismo running :dancing. Initially thought that there was some serious electrical problem and that's why its not starting. The battery was surely down and i have recharged it. After connecting the battery i didn't find any electrical issues. Earlier i had found the fuse blown and i have rectified by jugad as i didn't have any spare fuse. After that one of my friend told to check the fuel tap. When the fuel O/L was disconnected no fuel was coming out. :eek:. Forgot to check the fuel tap earlier :A. After that we disconnected the fuel tap and found that the tap was badly clogged as the bullet was lying idle for nearly 6 months and i didn't empty the tank completely.:hit. After cleaning the tap and refitting we tried starting and voila it started. Me and my friend felt very happy and satisfied that we solved the problem ourselves. Now my RE is going to get overhauled by a mechanic.
  10. Overhauled as in?? Engine?? How old is it? And how many kms done??