1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Royal Enfield

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by rajeev_pillai, Oct 9, 2011.

1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Ravi sir I dont like this crashguard design as according to me it will offer less protection to rider's leg in case of a fall when compared to the normal crashguards. Usually the lower part of crashguard comes in contact with the ground first in a fall and the bike rests on it thereby protecting the leg. In this particular design the lower part itself is missing. hope you are getting my point :)
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Advance congratulations, puneet mehra. Thanks a lot for kind words.
    In the new Thunderbirds, the foot-pegs have been shifted towards the front. So, the popular diamond crash-guard doesn't suit them as it obstructs the foot-wear of the rider. That's why, Quality has designed a new crash-guard exclusively for new Thunderbirds.
    1 person likes this.
  3. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Sir, What about the pictures of both linea and TB?. Please post them. I think some things are not photogenic but in real they look awesome, that may be the case of your crash guard. From the pictures i could not get a feel of it. Any way all that matters in the end is that you are liking it. congratulations once again.
    1 person likes this.
  4. harishgayatri

harishgayatri Amatore

Mulund, Mumbai
    Congrats for your new bike.

I have a set of Chrome mirrors in mint condition currently listed in the Classifieds section.

http://www.teamfiat.co.in/tfi-class...nfield-mirrors-chrome-coloured-moon-type.html

I think it should look fantastic with your RE.

Do let me know if you need it.

Enjoy & drive safe.
    1 person likes this.
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Welcome aboard to the Enfield fraternity Ravi sir. These are machines of passion.

My Enfield had been in storage since the last 6-7 months. Took it out, did the servicing myself and enjoyed the ride after all this time. Here's a pic after the ride.
    8685206717_4f7d1ce75d_z.jpg
    Cheers.
    5 people like this.
  6. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    When my RE sees yours paaji, it will surely go over me........:-D. I feel ashamed after seeing this pics that how i have neglected my RE. Will try to restore it as soon as possible.
  7. How many Kms it has run and how you manege the battery during the long storage.
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Sathish, surely get it back on the road. These bikes feel good when you ride them once a while. I used to daily ride the Enfield but resorted to occasional riding since 2007. Rest of the time it just stands idle in my bedroom.

Sat, it is a September 2002 model and has done 34,000 km's. I disconnected the battery during the storage , put a bit of oil on the cylinder bore and drained the fuel tank and carburettor. When i reconnected the battery, it was pretty weak. A battery tender would help in such a case. But it did fire up first kick after the some DIY servicing :) .

Cheers.
  9. Congrats J.Ravi sir on your new possession.

Just a small question I wanted to ask is which bike you think makes more sense for everyday use in the city and if we plan to keep it for atleast 10 years, classic 500 or thunderbird 500??

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  10. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks a lot for your good wishes and kind words, sathishgv. Here are some photographs of my Linea and Thunderbird 500:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

1a.jpg

1b.jpg

I am so sorry for my belated reply. I don't know how I missed seeing your post.
    Thanks a lot, harishgayatri, for the kind wishes.
    I am happy with the OE stock factory-fitted rear-view mirrors of my bird. Thanks for the offer.
    Thank you very much, gurjinder, for the kind words. Now, I am in Bangalore and my bird is in Chennai. I have made arrangements for electric starting the bike once in every few days. Let me see what's in store for me when I reach Chennai after 2 weeks.
    Thanks a lot for the wishes, wolverine_arnab.
    For exclusive city use, any 150 cc bike will serve the purpose, IMO. Royal Enfield Thunderbirds [both 350 and 500 cc] are meant for highway cruising. If you intend to use it for regular commuting and once in a while highway cruising, you can go in for Classic 350 or 500. After riding both my son's Classic 500 and my Thunderbird 500, my vote goes for Thunderbird 500! :)
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
    1 person likes this.