1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Routes Database

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Improvements' started by ViPr, Jan 2, 2014.

1. ViPr

ViPr Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hello dear Fiatians,
    Many time I have came across a situation like, I plan my route with the help of Google/GPS. Although it shows the kind of road like expressway, narrow roads etc, but when you drive it, it can throw your trip planning out-of-gear due to issues like bad stretch, passing through congested town/villages, heavy traffic, not to mention notorious roads for criminal activities after eve etc. Throughout my driving experience even after having Google/GPS maps, it had become a habit now to ask local people the condition of the road ahead and time required to reach destination. And it helped too.

I am throwing this opinion open for discussion, whether we can maintain a chart/table in the forum which can show road information on point-to-point basis.
    e.g. If I am driving Bangalore to Mysore, I can share information like avg speed(40-60/80-100/100-120), time taken, slow speed stretches, precautions, food/Fuel options etc.

Members can submit latest information through moderator.

Since I am new to the forum, I am not sure if we have already maintained it somewhere.
    1 person likes this.